Terms of Service
Welcome to the Galaxypedia! The Galaxypedia is a website (wiki) to store & document all sorts of information about the ROBLOX Game Galaxy ("the game"). Run by the Galaxypedia Staff ("we" or "us"), our goal is to make a hub for all information Galaxy where anybody can contribute their knowledge to.
To support our community, we provide the essential infrastructure and tools needed to contribute and view our articles. We strive to keep the Galaxypedia charge- and third-party advertisement-free.
We welcome you ("you" or the "user") as a reader, editor, author, or contributor on the Galaxypedia. We encourage you to join the Galaxypedia Community and help share your knowledge by contributing. As a member of this community, you are responsible for reading and agreeing to the Terms of Service ("ToS").
These Terms of Service tell you about the Galaxypedia, our relationship with you as a user, and the rights and responsibilities both parties must uphold when using the various services available on the Galaxypedia. The Galaxypedia is powered by people like you who contribute to our website. The Galaxypedia staff actively monitor contributions to ensure they follows our rules and guidelines; regardless, the edits are ultimately in the hands of you, the user, and others who contribute to the Galaxypedia.
The Galaxypedia Community is a network of users who join together to provide up-to-date and reliable information pertaining to Galaxy. This community not only updates the site but also governs it. You are welcome to join the Galaxypedia as a contributor, editor, author, or creator, but you must agree to and follow the policies that are set in place to keep this community running at its best.
Please note that you are legally responsible for all of your contributions, edits, and use of content on the Galaxypedia. All content is subject to, at minimum, Canadian Law, as well as any other applicable laws from the user's country of residence or from where content is viewed and edited. It is important that you, the user, use caution and consideration when posting, editing, uploading, or altering content that may be subject to any legal action. In light of such considerations, the Galaxypedia has rules about what users can and cannot post. These exist to protect you and other users.
DISCLAIMER: The content hosted by and on the Galaxypedia is for informational purposes only.
1. Our Service & General Terms
By accessing this website (robloxgalaxy.wiki), you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree with these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing our site. All content hosted on this website are protected by the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License & trademark laws.
Every action that you, the user, take on the Galaxypedia is your full responsibility, and you must be mindful when using this site. Your actions, including but not limited to posts, edits, uploads, and page creations, are subject to the laws of your country of residence, the country from which this website is accessed, and/or the laws of Canada. You as a user are responsible for avoiding content that may result in criminal liability under such applicable laws. The Galaxypedia and Galaxypedia Staff take no responsibility for what you and other users post. All content will be moderated in accordance with the Galaxypedia rules, and suspicious or illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities as needed.
3. Content Hosted
The content that is shown on our websites are generally provided, created, and updated by users of the site. In accordance with our rules and policies, Galaxypedia staff will moderate content that users may contribute.
4. Rules, Policies, Guidelines
The Galaxypedia only exists because of the Galaxy Community and the immense support they have given to keep this website running. We kindly thank you for using our services. When it comes to editing, contributing, altering, interacting with other users, or making changes of any sort to our articles, we ask that you be civil and polite. We ask that you act in good faith and to make contributions aimed towards improving the Galaxypedia.
Some actions, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful for other users and may violate our rules. You, the user, bear full liability for how you act on our website and the consequences that may arise should your actions be deemed in conflict with our rules and policies.
4.1. Prohibited Actions or Content
- Harassment and Abuse
- Engaging in harassment, discrimination, threats, stalking, spamming, vandalism, or racism.
- Abusive Behaviour (toxicity)
- Violating the Privacy of Others
- Violating Privacy rights of other users under applicable laws.
- Giving away, making public, or otherwise disclosing personal details of our users with malicious intent.
- Giving away, making public, or otherwise disclosing personal details of anyone under the age of 18 for illegal purposes or violating laws regarding the health and well-being of minors.
- Engaging with or Spreading False Statements
- Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes defamation.
- Posting content with the intent to deceive or is false/inaccurate
- Impersonating other users
- Committing Infringement
- Infringing copyright, trademarks, or other copyright laws.
- Misusing our Service(s) for Illegal Purposes
- Posting child pornography or any content that violates applicable law concerning child pornography or the safety of minors
- Posting or trafficking unlawful or obscene material
- Using the services in a manner that breaches any other applicable law.
- Disruptive and Illegal use of our Service(s)
- Posting or distributing viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other malicious programs or software that could harm our infrastructure and/or users.
- Automating use of our site in a way which is abusive or disruptive, harms our infrastructure, or has not been independently approved by Galaxypedia Staff
- Disrupting the service(s) through communications or other traffic that suggests misuse;
- Distributed Denial of Service or Denial of Service Attacks, flooding traffic, or any other means to harm our infrastructure
- Scanning or testing the vulnerability of our infrastructure unless you have explicit permission from Galaxypedia Staff or site admins
4.2. Community Guidelines
- Do not vandalize, spam, or contribute to pages with malicious or destructive intent.
- Do not harass or discriminate in your contributions or interactions with other users.
- Do not upload, add, or show any pornography, gore, or other obscene material. This includes flirting or references to such material.
- Do not add false or misleading information.
- Do not edit other user's user pages without first obtaining their approval.
- Do not advertise without permission.
- Do not abuse undo, mass category/page creation, or any tools given to you for personal benefit.
- Use common sense; Do not try to find loopholes to our rules and Community Guidelines
- We want the Galaxypedia to be welcoming and comforting for all of our users. Disrupting the peace will result in punishment.
4.3 General Editing Guidelines
- Use proper grammar and formatting. Do not use slang outside of direct quotations.
- Typos happen; we understand. Always double check before submitting your contribution and make sure to fix any typos you see.
- Properly cite other people's work or any applicable sources. Plagiarizing is not tolerated.
- All content is to be kept in the 3rd person (no use of "I," "we," "you," etc.). Certain exceptions may be made with approval from Galaxypedia Staff.
- Do not include your opinion(s) in your contributions unless you have permission from Galaxypedia Staff or if it relates to the topic of the article.
Violating any rules, policies, or guidelines may result in punishment, potential termination of your account, and/or an IP Ban from accessing the site. Be careful with what you choose to post or contribute, and don't be shy to Contact Galaxypedia Staff to ask questions or to ask for clarification about the rules.
5. Account Security
You are fully responsible for what happens to your account. You should never disclose your password to third parties. In the event that you forget your password, you may request a password reset through the email address associated with your account. Note that Galaxypedia Staff cannot guarantee any ability to reset your password manually. Any Galaxypedia Staff or users (except for the Galaxypedia site owners) asking you for your password or other account information should not be trusted and should be reported to the Galaxypedia Owners.
You have the freedom to reuse and share all content available on the Galaxypedia. However, we still withhold and protect all Galaxypedia trademarks. Any use of our names, trademarks, logos, and/or domain names must be in compliance with our Terms of Service. Additionally, you should always ask Galaxypedia Staff for permission before using any of our trademarks.
The Galaxypedia is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. By using our service, you agree to the conditions and policies listed under this license.
The Galaxypedia Staff take DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) Take-down Requests seriously and aim to resolve them in a proper manner. In the event of a DMCA Take-down Request by the owner of content that is being improperly used on the Galaxypedia without permission, we encourage you to contact us so that we may come to a swift and fair resolution.
9. Third Parties
The Galaxypedia contains links to other websites. You the user are responsible for your use of any third-party websites. We are not liable nor responsible for the content, products, or availability of third-party sites. We do not actively monitor the content of any third-party providers.
10. Staff & Website Management
The Galaxypedia Staff are volunteers from the Galaxy Community who are trusted and who have taken it upon themselves to help manage and moderate the Galaxypedia and not misuse this service or the powers and responsibilities granted through it. Our Staff are constantly monitored and checked for misuse of their position.
In the event that someone is being disruptive, we reserve the right to:
- Check your public IP address to detect alternate or rule-breaking accounts.
- Ban a user from editing or contributing. Depending on how severely a user violates the Terms of Service, we may ban both the user and their associated IP from accessing the website.
- Take legal action against users who engage in illegal activity through use of our service.
- Take other actions to protect other users and ensure the functionality and maintenance of the Galaxypedia.
11. Termination & IP Bans
We the staff want to ensure the Galaxypedia is open to any and all people who wish to help and contribute to this shared resource. At any point in time, you the user are free to stop using the services provided by the Galaxypedia. However, in certain occasions, we may find the need to block your account from contributing, or ban you from using the service. Your contributions will still remain publicly available (unless they breach our rules). We reserve the right to end available to our service at any time, with or without a reason or notice. Even if you are banned from participating, the Terms of Service will remain effective.
In the event of a dispute, we encourage resolutions by contacting and opening a conversation with Galaxypedia staff. However, if you do seek to file a legal claim against us, you agree to file and resolve any such claim in Ontario, Canada. You also agree to be subject to the laws of Ontario, Canada, as well as any other applicable laws; The laws of Canada govern these Terms of Service, as well as any legal dispute that might arise between us.
14. Modification to the Terms of Service
The more the Galaxypedia grows, the more need there is to expand our rules and Terms of Service. From time to time, revisions may be made to the Terms of Service. Every time the Terms of Service is changed, you will be notified through the email associated with your Galaxypedia account. The Galaxypedia Staff reserve the right to edit the Terms of Service at any time.
15. Other Terms
You agree that we may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms of Service, by email, regular mail, or postings on Project websites.
Thank you for visiting the Galaxypedia and for reading through the Terms of Service. You are helping make our shared vision for this community a reality. Have a good day!
Effective as of NOT YET
Last revised on 01/07/2022