The Andromeda is a needle-like ship and is decently fast for its class. It also has a high spinal damage output for a Dreadnought. Recommended only for experienced players as it requires good aim and situational awareness to achieve its full potential. Its an extremely high risk high reward dreadnought, And recommended to use in coordinated pushes with teammates.
The Andromeda has a somewhat small interior, accessible only by a teleporter on the back of the ship. The interior is a wide room with a seat, teleporter, and hatch to a lower floor. The bottom floor has a desk with a chair and some containers. There are 2 papers with Contracts on them stating a remodel for Banshee and Project X-03. The Banshee Contract has a 250,000 Credit agreement and the Project X-03 is a 20,000,000 Credit agreement.
- Extremely high total DPS if the user can aim Spinals well.
- Great for taking down large, slow ships like other dreadnoughts.
- Somewhat high top speed of its class, having 20 less top speed than the Leviathan.
- Spinals can be used to siege Starbases from afar while taking minimal damage.
- Relatively cheap for a Dreadnought.
- MUST be experienced with Spinals or your low health will catch up to you very quickly.
- Has trouble against smaller Ships.
- Must own the Galaxy VIP Gamepass to build this ship.
- Vulnerable backside.
- No Turrets.
- Has the third lowest total health of all Dreadnoughts, only beaten by the SR-71 stealth dreadnought, and the Avalon
- Its unique shape and bright colors make it easy to identify from a distance.
- Low health and acceleration makes attacking ships a bad idea.
- Use Warp to quickly reposition if you get caught in a bad spot.
- Make sure to not attack ships or Starbases without another ship with Anti-Fighter/Anti-Frigate capabilities.
- Use the range of its Spinals to outgun other Dreadnoughts effectively.
- Use it as an extra gun during sieges, its main strong suit is DPS.
- Best used in fleet wars, let your teammates tank while you do huge damage to the enemies.
- Turn Speed increased from 0.05 to 0.07 in version .64f.
- Received Turrets in .65b.
- Received a Health buff in .65b. that boosted Shields from 4250 to 5000 and Hull from 4500 to 4850. It also received a Turn Speed buff that boosted Turn Speed from 0.07 to 0.09.
- Received a new remodel in .65b.
- Turn speed reduced from 0.07 to 0.05, max Shield reduced from 5000 to 4650 in version .65b.
- Spinal barrels reduced to 5 Huge Cannons and 5 Large Phasers, Turn Speed increased to 0.18, 3 Triple Heavy Cannons and 3 Triple Heavy Lasers changed to 6 Dual Medium Cannons in version .69a1.
- Lost 1 phaser but therefore got all of its other phasers upgraded from Large to Huge in version .70c8.
- Gained a Phaser and a Cannon in version .72d.
- Explosion Size 126 ----> 600 .75a12
- 10 Huge Phasers and 10 Huge Cannons, Removed turrets .75a20
- The Andromeda was the first Spinal-based Dreadnought in Galaxy.
- The Andromeda is named after the closest major galaxy to the Milky Way, the Andromeda galaxy.
- It was the first VIP Dreadnought in the game and is the second most expensive VIP ship available.
- This ship was common on Galaxy Arcade due to it being free with the VIP gamepass, but it was given its own gamepass in recent updates.
The floating Turrets resemble the ones on the Reaper and Grim.(Turrets were removed)
- Its model is based off Vertigo, the Stealth hero of Novus and cryptography and communications protocol from Universe At War.
- Originally was going to be a Carrier.
- Project Banshee, which can be found referenced in the interior, is a reference to the Banshee which was made by Wiscyy, the same person that made the current Andromeda model. Project X-03 may be a reference to the Prototype X-3.