The Argonaut is a cheap but fragile Freighter that favors shield health.
The Argonaut is the third tier trading ship of eight total. It usually is obtained after the Tempura although usually skipped to get better ships. This ship has more health than then Wyrm and Tempura, but is still relatively fragile. Aliens and Pirates are easily able to obliterate it, the latter more so. It also has a recognizable hexagon shaped windows in the front part of the ship.
The Argonaut has the same chair as many other freighters, as well as four team-colored crates in the back. The chair faces a set of three yellow screens.
- Decent cargo hold for the stats.
- More health than the Tempura.
- The small figure on the Minimap makes you less likely to be noticed by Pirates.
- Rather cheap.
- Low health.
- Low turn speed.
- Pirates find Freighters to be easy targets and cheap ways to make money.
- Docks slowly.
- Low hull compared to shield.
- Make sure to trade in a Faction that is in no wars and has strong allies. If there are none, go to a new server. If all servers have wars, try your best to be safe.
- Go to the Mega Base when it is safe. Always check your route if you're in a war, there might be a pirate waiting for you.
- Check how far away the closest Alien is and where it is heading to.
- Always check your trade route, there could be a pirate waiting for you anywhere.
- Received a buff in .61e4 that doubled hull and shields and gave the ship some damage resistance.
- Cargo hold buffed from 750 to 1250 in .65b, price increased, and received a remodel.
- Players usually skip this ship to get a higher tier Freighter.