The Astraeus is a powerful Super Capital Ship made for Sieging. The owner of the ship MUST bring a fleet with them, with the biggest reason being that the Astraeus being almost unable to fight other PvP ships without good tactics, especially Frigates and Cruisers.
The Astraeus has a very detailed and quite large interior, with a floor made with black hexagons. In the middle of the main interior, there is a 3D map showing the ship and some tiny enemy ships. There are two giant control panels, on each side of the Astraeus pilot seat. The pilot seat has multiple control panels in front of it.
- Highest overall alpha damage out of all Super Capitals in the game, on top long range. Not including damage resistance or misses, it has over 7000 alpha, devastating to most ships.
- High health, especially with Shields.
- Long range weapons allow it to outrange and snipe many targets, in addition to the Siege Cannons having a massive 8500 range.
- Good Pirating ship, Capable of insta-killing many miners and freighters, as well as Battleships.
- Can 3 volley most build menu Dreadnoughts.
- Good for sieges. The turrets can snipe the base from far away, and one shot most defenders if they don’t miss.
- Due to the massive health, it can simply outlast other ships in PvP instead of doing a lot of damage over time.
- Huge blindspot under the ship.
- Very slow turn speed (even though the minimum turn speed is 0.1).
- Long reload speed (which is 25 seconds for every turret it has) makes it hard to hit smaller ships.
- Low DPS compared to other Super Capital Ships, which means if anything can survive the ridiculous alpha for even just two or three volleys, it does pitiful overall damage compared to other Super Capitals, and even strong Dreadnoughts.
- Vulnerable to shield breakers.
- One of the worst ships to attack small ships due to the very long turret reload time and low accuracy (however this can be improved by warping close to targets)
- Can be very easily overwhelmed by smaller, faster ships that focus on shield damage, such as a swarm of Sabre Tooths (Sabre Teeth?).
- Despite the high alpha, the long reload time means ships with enough health can quickly charge their warp and escape if you have no support. The reload also makes it so if your turrets miss, the enemy has a relatively long time to attack before attempting to dodge the next volley. Skilled players can estimate when your turrets will fire and warp a short distance, or move into a blindspot if their ship is smaller.
- Stay between 7000 and 7500 below the base you are attacking in order to hit all your weapons while taking minimal damage in return, as the Heavy LR Lasers and Super Lasers have 7500 range.
- Almost ALWAYS travel in a fleet as this ship has terrible defenses against smaller ships and one of the worst reload times. You can still die if you get swarmed. Don't overestimate the HP.
- The Astraeus is great for defending against sieges, even spawning it can scare off newer players, and the alpha damage can destroy sieging ships in 1-3 shots usually. However, beware of
- Do not fire your weapons unless you have a clear shot at the target.
- Similar to the Judgement, prioritize performing hit-and-run tactics. Prolonged ship-to-ship combat is not ideal for this ship, as it lacks the damage output needed for sustained close/mid range brawls against other strong Capital Ships, such as multiple Dreadnoughts, or a Super Capital with decent to high damage output; such as the Hyperion, Theia, or Oblivion.
- Due to its shield-based HP, flee if shield breakers are targeting you.
- Due to the terrible maneuverability, always warp short distances to stay in a position that gives you the advantage.
- EXTREMELY powerful for pirating. Warp to an unsuspecting miner or freighter and destroy them in one or two shots, then loot the wreck with your 1500m3 cargo hold. Your shields can tank fire from Starbases long enough for you to destroy ships you are pirating.
- Added in version .66b.
- Heavy Railgun replaced with Super Laser in version .66c.
- Received a remodel in version .68e
- Description changed, Siege Cannons and Super Laser buffed. Siege Cannon count increased to 3 in version .72e1.
- Siege Cannons and Super Lasers buffed again; Super Cannons getting an alpha buff from 1000 to 1806(as well as a range buff to 8500), and Super Lasers an alpha buff from 1000 to 1445 in version .73c10.
- Hull health decreased from 10,000 to 8,500 in version .75a5.
- Turret armament changed from 2 Super Lasers, 3 Siege Cannons, and 5 Heavy LR Lasers to 1 Super Laser, 3 Siege Cannons, 2 Super LR Lasers, and 4 Heavy LR Lasers in version .75a5.
- Taken off-sale in version 75a5 to reduce super capital permit prices.
- Made by the shipyards of Event Horizon.
- Astraeus can 1 volley anything below Battleships and if it has high loyalty it can one volley some weaker Battleships such as the Sentaliz.
- Well known for the extremely high alpha damage.
- Most people who know the alpha damage of this ship do not account for the many flaws, such as the huge reload time, terrible mobility, and lack of defenses besides the massive shield health. However, it is extremely useful if used properly in situations such as sieges, anti-sieges, and pirating.