The Bastion is a heavy Battlecruiser that focuses on Turret firepower. Its main body features two large protruding thrusters and an elevated cockpit area with a rounded window. This ship's relatively high turret count makes it effective against both smaller ships and larger ships.
Once entering the Bastion, you will enter a small room with no interior but a single seat.
- Variety of Turrets.
- No blind spots.
- Very high health.
- Great for beginners, as it has ease of use with the turret based armament and is a good ship as an introduction to Capital Ships.
- Good damage output with the turrets.
- Below average speed.
- No Spinals.
- Though not a blind spot, the bottom is poorly defended.
- Compared to the Mjolnheimr and Hyron, the turrets are far less accurate. However, the Bastion does have higher damage output than both of the mentioned ships.
- Due to the way the ship is shaped you have to turn it to get it out of dock which can give time to enemy Ships to do damage.
- Performs well as a support ship in sieges as it has many small Turrets to destroy incoming small Ships.
- Best used for attacking Ships below its size, as it has trouble with Ships of same class due to its inferior mobility causing it to be unable to escape easily.
- Against Battlecruisers, exploiting blind spots is your best bet against them.
- In an older version it used to have a massive explosion upon death, which heavily damaged nearby Ships and destroyed base Turrets. This has since been fixed.
- Buffed in .64d to gain another Medium Laser and 100 more health in each stat.
- Medium Lasers replaced with Point Defense Laser and Long Range Laser in version .66b
- 1 Long Range Laser replaced with 1 Point Defense Laser in version .69e due to the Long Range Laser's removal from the game.
- 2 Point Defense Lasers changed to 2 Dual Medium Lasers and 1 Medium Railgun changed to 1 Heavy Railgun in version .73c10.
- 2 Light Lasers and 1 Heavy Railgun replaced with 1 Heavy Siege Railgun, and 2 Dual Medium Cannons in version .75a5.
- Dual Medium Cannons and Dual Medium Lasers replaced with Triple Medium versions, the Heavy Siege Railgun replaced with a SR PDL, Shield/Hull health increased from 1,950/2,000 to 2,100/2,200 respectively, Top Speed increased from 90 to 95, Turn Speed increased from 0.48 to 0.5, and Acceleration increased from 23 to 34 in version .75a5.
- Named after a defensive architectural design built into medieval European castles. A Bastion protruded from a castle's walls, allowing defenders to attack from all angles.
- The Bastion was one of the most used ships in Galaxy Arcade before it received a gamepass in version .69d1
- The original Bastion model had an easter egg that includes a Gnome on a desk with a few pieces of blank paper.
- For a period of time the Bastion could not move or dock. The whole situation started with the gnome's hat falling off and preventing the ship from moving.
- The right console on the original model had some memes like the illuminati triangle on it.