The Commercial Miner is a somewhat expensive but fast Miner
The Commercial Miner is a Mining ship with very little interior but a large Ore Hold, designed to mine multiple Ores at once with fair efficiency. It is a large jump in price from the more affordable Miners like the Industrial Miner. It takes a minimum of 240 seconds to fill up its Ore Hold.
The Commercial Miner has almost no interior. There is just a large glass cockpit with one seat, no detail, and a floor with a metallic texture. The Miner docks with the cockpit facing the terminal.
- 5 Small Mining Lasers provide quick mining speeds.
- Decent amount of health.
- Large Ore Hold.
- Can mine multiple Ores at once.
- High speed for its size.
- High survivability because of its speed and decent amount of health.
- Relatively expensive.
- Aliens often target Miners.
- Fairly large for its class and easy to hit.
- Pirates may declare War in order to destroy a more expensive and loot-filled Miner.
- Small Mining Lasers have shorter range compared to Medium Mining Lasers.
- Check the Minimap every 30 seconds for pirates or other foes.
- Try to mine near your Starbase to decrease the chance of your ship being shot down.
- Never mine in a War.
- Mine in a Private Server if you have access to one.
- Was added in update .61g
- .61h1? - Warp Drive added.
- Explosion range decreased from 80 to 60 in .65b
- Two Small Mining Lasers switched out with a Medium Mining Laser in version .68e.
- Received a remodel in version .69a2.
- Ore hold was nerfed from 3000 to 2500.
- Ore Hold increased back to 3000 from 2500 in version .72e1(?)