This page contains incomplete images. If anyone can update the page with images from the front, sides, and back, please do so. Once the images have been corrected, this notice can be removed.
The Commercial Miner is a somewhat expensive but fast Miner
The Commercial Miner is a Mining ship with very little interior but a large Ore Hold, designed to mine multiple Ores at once with fair efficiency. It is a large jump in price from the more affordable Miners like the Industrial Miner. It takes a minimum of 240 seconds to fill up its Ore Hold.
The Commercial Miner has almost no interior. There is just a large glass cockpit with one seat, no detail, and a floor with a metallic texture. The Miner docks with the cockpit facing the terminal.
- 5 Small Mining Lasers provide quick mining speeds.
- Decent amount of health.
- Large Ore Hold.
- Can mine multiple Ores at once.
- High speed for its size.
- High survivability because of its speed and decent amount of health.
- Relatively expensive.
- Aliens often target Miners.
- Fairly large for its class and easy to hit.
- Pirates may declare War in order to destroy a more expensive and loot-filled Miner.
- Small Mining Lasers have shorter range compared to Medium Mining Lasers.
- Check the Minimap every 30 seconds for pirates or other foes.
- Try to mine near your Starbase to decrease the chance of your ship being shot down.
- Never mine in a War.
- Mine in a Private Server if you have access to one.
- Was added in update .61g
- .61h1? - Warp Drive added.
- Explosion range decreased from 80 to 60 in .65b
- Two Small Mining Lasers switched out with a Medium Mining Laser in version .68e.
- Received a remodel in version .69a2.
- Ore hold was nerfed from 3000 to 2500.
- Ore Hold increased back to 3000 from 2500 in version .72e1(?)
- Many players skip this Miner due to its disadvantages.
- Old model could mine broadside. Most of the Mining Lasers are on the left side of the ship once you sit down.