To enter the Constellation's interior, step on a teleportation pad located on the back of the ship. Once you are inside, you will be greeted by a slate grey slightly rectangular room with a black "pilot's seat" (brick) in the middle of the room.
- Large cargo hold.
- Can easily make large amounts of Credits per run given a good economy.
- High Hull and Shields.
- Good acceleration.
- The only armed freighter in the game.
- The ship's large width and relatively slow speed make you a prized target for Pirates using bigger Ships.
- Expensive and requires VIP.
- While this ship is armed, the armament is so weak that it can hardly defend itself from an experienced Frigate pilot.
- Check the Minimap often so you can warp away from any enemy Ships if needed.
- If anything stronger than a Battlecruiser attacks you, retreat to your Starbase or to a safe area as soon as possible!
- One of the 2 Medium Flak Cannons was replaced with a Medium Laser in .61g1.
- Received a buff in .62a1 that added a second Medium Laser and Medium Flak Cannon.
- Received a remodel in version .65a.
- Received two Point Defense Lasers in version .66b.
- Turn Speed increased from 0.13 to 0.2 and Cargo Hold increased from 5000 to 5500 in version .70a.
- All Turrets removed in version .71b.
- Speed and Turn Speed was increased from 45 to 75 and 0.2 to 0.25 in version .72e1.
- Top speed increased to 100, armament re-added with a loadout of 2 Light Gatling Cannons, and 4 Tiny Lasers in an unknown version.
- Turret loadout changed to 2x Light Flak Cannon, 2x Light Gatling Laser 1x Tiny Cannon. Price also changed to reflect change .76d36
- One of the only freighters in-game to have armament.
- In etymology, the name is the word for a group of stars that form a pattern in the sky.
- It was the 2nd VIP ship to be temporarily available to all players before being restricted to VIP players only.
- You used to be able to unconventionally destroy other Miner and Freighter ships in the Constellation. Technically, you could even raid a base or a planet!
- It was one of the four Freighters with Turrets, the other being the Patriotic Hercules, Carvainir and the C Class.
- Although it was supposed to be the first armed Freighter, the Carvainir was designed for the same purpose. The Carvainir however, was classed as a Battleship due to its high firepower.
- The remodel made it significantly smaller and harder to hit.
- The remodel was based on the Babylon Five “Icarus” Delta-Class, not to be confused with the Icarus Carrier.