The Constellation is one of the only armed Freighter-class ship in the game, next to the Argonaut. It formerly had no armament, due to the removal of all armaments from armed freighters (except Carvainir, which was moved to Battleship).
The Constellation is a large Freighter, the only one to be armed. The Constellation is a VIP ship. The ship has two large sets of thrusters on the back, a large area along the center dedicated to cargo pods, and an anvil-like bridge area.
To enter the Constellation's interior, step on a teleportation pad located on the back of the ship. Once you are inside, you will be greeted by a slate grey slightly rectangular room with a black "pilot's seat" (brick) in the middle of the room.
- Large cargo hold.
- Can easily make large amounts of Credits per run given a good economy.
- High Hull and Shields.
- Good acceleration.
- The only armed freighter in the game.
- The ship's large width and relatively slow speed make you a prized target for Pirates using bigger Ships.
- Expensive and requires VIP.
- While this ship is armed, the armament is so weak that it can hardly defend itself from an experienced Frigate pilot.
- Check the Minimap often so you can warp away from any enemy Ships if needed.
- If anything stronger than a Battlecruiser attacks you, retreat to your Starbase or to a safe area as soon as possible!
- One of the 2 Medium Flak Cannons was replaced with a Medium Laser in .61g1.
- Received a buff in .62a1 that added a second Medium Laser and Medium Flak Cannon.
- Received a remodel in version .65a.
- Received two Point Defense Lasers in version .66b.
- Turn Speed increased from 0.13 to 0.2 and Cargo Hold increased from 5000 to 5500 in version .70a.
- All Turrets removed in version .71b.
- Speed and Turn Speed was increased from 45 to 75 and 0.2 to 0.25 in version .72e1.
- Top speed increased to 100, armament re-added with a loadout of 2 Light Gatling Cannons, and 4 Tiny Lasers in an unknown version.
- One of the only freighters in-game to have armament.
- In etymology, the name is the word for a group of stars that form a pattern in the sky.
- It was the 2nd VIP ship to be temporarily available to all players before being restricted to VIP players only.
- You used to be able to unconventionally destroy other Miner and Freighter ships in the Constellation. Technically, you could even raid a base or a planet!
- It was one of the four Freighters with Turrets, the other being the Patriotic Hercules, Carvainir and the C Class.
- Although it was supposed to be the first armed Freighter, the Carvainir was designed for the same purpose. The Carvainir however, was classed as a Battleship due to its high firepower.
- The remodel made it significantly smaller and harder to hit.
- The remodel was based on the Babylon Five “Icarus” Delta-Class, not to be confused with the Icarus Carrier.