The Crystocrene is a winter-themed Battleship added in version .69f after the Antares Comet collided with Aqueous II. The quest to obtain it could have been found on the planet by finding a red sphere in the snowman cave.
It is a very capable siege ship thanks to its custom railguns and torpedoes. However, if the pilot is experienced with aiming the latter, it also proves to be devastating in capital ship combat. These traits, among others, practically make it a mini Hyperion.
The ship's exterior has a sci-fi twist to a winter theme. It has many icicles located troughout the ship and features a baby blue and grey color scheme. There are multiple neon pattern carvings colored in the former color. The ship has a moderate size.
- Armed with 2 Heavy Quantum Lasers, which is a rather unusual, but powerful laser armament on a Battleship.
- Very high Spinal firepower.
- Very good in sieges due to having 4 Icy Artillery Cannons, and 3 Large Torpedoes.
- Large amount of hull health allows it to tank shield-oriented weaponry very well.
- Incredibly high alpha damage for a Battleship; it has almost as much alpha damage as the infamous Judgement.
- Great acceleration and turn speed.
- Extremely high damage output for a ship of its class, being higher than even the Helios.
- As a Limited ship, it is a large target and will be focused.
- Disappointedly low hull damage for the kinetic weaponry it has.
- Large Torpedoes are slow, and thus hard to hit against moving targets.
- Weak shields; can be easily destroyed by hull breakers such as the Ridgebreaker.
- Its large turrets have horrid accuracy.
- Stay away from hull breakers, as the Crystocrene is not able to endure them for long due to its low shields.
- In sieges, stay at a safe distance and use your torpedoes. However, if an ally is tanking the base, you can go closer and use your turrets.
- It used to have a total of 2 Heavy Icy Artillery Cannons, 4 Medium Icy Artillery Cannons and 2 Frosty Triple Heavy Lasers when this ship was released in version .69[!] ~ .71[?]
- Large Phaser count increased to 4, gained 4 Medium Cannons, Medium Advanced Autolaser and Advanced Autocannon changed to 2 Medium Crystal Railguns in version .72c20.
- 2 Medium Crystal Railguns changed to 2 Medium Artillery Cannons and hull buffed from 1500 to 2250 in version .72c20.
- 2 Frosty Triple Heavy Lasers replaced with 2 Triple Heavy Quantum Lasers, 4 Medium Cannon spinals replaced with 3 Large Torpedoes, Hull health buffed from 2,250 to 3,250, Top speed buff from 55 to 65, and acceleration buffed from 12 to 20 in version .75a1.
- Explosion size 300 ----> 560 .75a12
- The first person to lose this was BADZAMAN to GalaxyGrinder2319's Apocalypse.
- Can be found on Aqueous II by finding a red sphere in the snowman cave.
- The quest for the ship only takes 60 snow flakes instead of 75 which the quest tells you.
- You can solo any starbase as the Large Torpedoes will outrange all of their turrets.
- The ship has custom sounds for its phaser spinals.