The Cyclops is a siege-focused Dreadnought that is primarily focused on hull damage.
The Cyclops was the first siege Dreadnought to be added into the game. It has decent Shields and 6 Medium Railguns for shredding Hull, backed up by its Lasers to bring down enemy Shields. There is a Vanguard Coalition logo at the back of the entrance room.
When you first enter the interior using a teleporter on the back, you are greeted with a room that has 4 chairs and computers. There is also a large hologram of a planet in the middle of the room. There are two small hallways to the bridge. The seat somewhat resembles that of the old Prototype X-2, but blue.
- Powerful Spinals do extra Hull damage in addition to Turrets.
- Fairly flat for its size potentially helping in dodging incoming fire when facing directly away or toward an enemy.
- Good firing arcs.
- Decent Hull damage.
- Vulnerable bottom.
- Cannot defend itself from small Ships too well.
- Shield damage isn't as high as Hull damage.
- Very sluggish mobility, can be outmaneuvered by ships with high maneuverability easily.
- Performs poorly at PvP due to the sluggish maneuverability and poor overall damage output compared to other Dreadnoughts.
- Use this for finishing off hulled Starbases.
- Try and find an ally with a Zeus or Sagittarius as the combination will rip through both Shield and Hull.
- Can be used to fend off other Dreadnoughts in an anti-siege. The starbase will cripple enemy shields, letting this ship decimate the weakened attackers with its high hull damage.
- It received a buff to its Spinals so that it fires 3 shots instead of just 1.
- Received a buff to its interior in .60d1 that gave it an additional second floor.
- Received a nerf to its interior in .60h that removed its second floor and got remodeled too.
- The exterior was recolored in .62d2
- Buffed in .64c, 2 Railguns replaced with 2 Dual Railguns, and 1 Railgun removed.
- .65a5 replaced its weapons with 6 Dual Medium Cannons and 3 Triple Heavy Lasers, giving it an extra Laser Turret.
- Its Dual Medium Cannons were replaced with single barrel Medium Cannons.
- Medium Cannons were switched out with Medium Railguns in version .65b.
- Received another remodel in .65b that looks uncannily similar to an Alien Punisher (and subsequently semi-close to a Prototype X-2).
- Replaced 2 of its 3 Heavy Lasers with Triple Heavy Lasers in .66b
- Replaced 6 Medium Railguns with 6 Dual Medium Cannons in .66b
- Shields buffed from 4200 to 5200 in .66b
- Shields buffed from 5620 to 6250 in version .66m.
- 1 Capital Laser changed to 1 Triple Heavy Laser and 6 Triple Heavy Cannons changed to 6 Medium Railguns in version .69a1.
- Meshing issues were fixed in version .69a2.
- The Cyclops was the first siege-focused ship in the game.
- The Mothership resembles the shape of the Cyclops' old model.
- The center Capital Laser used to be broken.
- Its spinals are asymmetrical as 1 cannon fires from the left, while 2 fire from the right.
- Alpha versions of the Cyclops exist in the form of both the Mini Cyclops, a fighter that comes with the Alpha Ship carrier, and the Retro Cyclops, a Limited Dreadnought.