The Draco is a small and fast Frigate.
The Draco is a very fast Frigate that has a limited damage output. It is well known for its speed and its ability to distract ships without high-accuracy defense. It has both Phasers and Cannons, making it effective against Shield and Hull health.
The Draco has a detailed interior space for a ship its size. Its cockpit has two control joysticks and a screen display in front of the pilot's seat. The seat itself is lacking in detail aside from the angled back and separate colors.
- Insanely fast frigate.
- The speed and shape make it hard to hit, especially for larger ships.
- Spinals have a high rate of fire.
- Great for distracting a base during a siege.
- Get a large group of these and use them to swarm larger targets.
- Use its high fire rate to heavily damage targets.
- When diving, fire 2-3 volleys, turn around and repeat to avoid incoming fire and to avoid getting too close to bases.
- Use it to distract bases while other big ships are sieging it, or attack ships that are sieging your base.
- Avoid ships with a lot of Light Turrets or Gatlings in order to prevent damage.
- In dogfighting, keys Q, E, A, & D, your speed, and your tiny spinal weaponry are your friends. Strafe and drift to land more hits on smaller ships.
- Was disabled during parts of version .62 due to model errors.
- The Galaxy VIP Gamepass was needed for the Draco, but as of .62b?, the Frigate is no longer limited to VIP players only.
- Received a nerf to its Cargo Hold on .65a3.
- Received a nerf in .65a? removing 15 speed and halving the total spinal count (two tiny cannons/phasers).
- Recolored in version .65b.
- Received a remodel in version .67c.
- There was a short time period after its release in which it required VIP to build. However, after remodeling its VIP was removed.
- The new model was programmed with 4 Phasers and 4 Cannons, but an implementation bug forced all 4 of each weapon to fire simuntaneously, appearing as if only 2 of each Spinal were firing.
- The Shipmaster Lordmonkeymonkey called out the ship's builder, FangABXY, claiming that he was the cause of the ships bugs; including its remodel making the Frigate tab unusable and its Spinals aiming sideways.
- The current model's description was changed almost entirely, changing the species name referenced from Drakodem to Manjin, and speaking more in detail of the exact components of the ship.
- Its interior shares the control sticks with the Archangel and Worm.
- Its pilot seat is similar to the Archangel.
- There is a Halloween reskin of the Draco, the Dragon.
- The Draco's description says it has 4 phasers and 4 cannons, despite having only 2 phasers and 1 cannon because of balance reasons.