The Freedom Base is a Starbase that was added during the Galaxy Star Wars Event update. It has 7500 shield and 7500 hull, and can be destroyed by any team as long as it is an NPC-owned base. If the base falls under the control of another faction, it only becomes vulnerable to ships at war with said faction, behaving just like a normal Starbase. Players used to be able to earn the Interstellar Sunglasses and the "Help The Freedom Base" badge (now called Complete Quest 1) by delivering 3 crates of Medicine & Supplies to the Freedom Base as part of a new quest system adding in the Star Wars Event update. The Freedom Base explosion size is 100.
Freedom Bases can gain their own territory, power, and can be assimilated by a Faction. Unlike planets, the Freedom Base can only be assimilated through Territory. Destroying the base will physically destroy it, and it will respawn elsewhere on the map. The windows will change color based on the faction's color. When assimilated, their Economy can be viewed just like any other Starbase, and buying/selling material and dumping ore there is always possible.
The Freedom Base has 8 terminals and 4 floors. On the first floor, there are some couches, tables, and a large sphere in the center. There are also some trusses that can be used to climb up to the second floor, which has a smaller orb on it as well as more couches. More trusses lead to the third floor which contains tables and seats. The fourth floor has even more couches as well as a small kitchen with only one door.
- Received a remodel at the same time as the 2022 Fourth of July Event.
- In 2018, YouTubers found out that you could still get the event item by completing the Freedom Base quest and mass-produced videos on how to do it, leading to hundreds of players joining Galaxy for that one reason. Unfortunately, within two weeks of Conor3D uploading his video on these quests for Freedom Base and Derelict Station, the event gear items could no longer be obtained.
- A model of the Shady Dealer lays splayed out on the top of the Freedom Base.
- The terminal placement can result in improper docking or stopping other terminals from being used, especially on the higher ones if large ships (like the Slipstream) try to dock.
- Quest #1 - "Help The Freedom Base" has made a return for the Christmas Event 2018, however, the quest can only be activated when the Freedom Base Starbase is in the server.
- On the floor with the docking bay (pictured above as a roughly octagonal window), a NPC that is likely a member of the U.N.E is seen writing up a report on damage done to the docking door. When interacted with, the NPC informs the player that "some nutjob dressed like Uncle Sam rammed his ship out of the docking bay." This is likely a reference to the Uncle Sam NPC, who awarded players the Freedom Galaxy during the 2020 Fourth of July Event, as the NPC was added after the event's end.
- The Nautilus Blueprint’s quest can be found here for 250,000 credits.