The Freedom Galaxy is the largest, fastest, and the only Miner-class ship in the game with 5 Large Patriotic Mining Lasers. It is a limited ship that was released on the third day of the Fourth of July Event 2020 for 3 Million Credits. It could be found in the kitchen of the Freedom Base, where it was sold by Uncle Sam. It is also the 2nd most expensive ship in the game.
The interior of the Freedom Galaxy can be accessed via a teleporter on the docking ramp like the normal Galaxy. This will take players to a small room with three chairs. On the walls are depictions of the Sickle and Hammer with a slash through them. The center pilot's seat faces three screens. To the left is the door that teleports players back outside the ship.
- Has the most health out of all Miners along with its regular counterpart, allowing players to escape pirates before being destroyed.
- Has the highest mining rate and farthest mining range with its 5 Large Patriotic Mining Lasers. (87.5 m3/s)
- Has the largest Ore Hold in the game.
- Can make 14k Credits without Loyalty per dump.
- Maneuverable and fast for its size.
- Amazing miner to use for Boom mining.
- All Turrets are top-mounted, requiring the ship to be below or in front (at an angle) of Ores.
- People have the urge to dock block you.
- Huge and bulky making it an easy target.
- Limited classification means pirates and entire factions will target you.
- The Mother of all miner kills. Hunted by pirates with more ferocity than any other non-combat ship.
- Extremely expensive to obtain due to the Class A Permit and high value of the ship, making this the 2nd most expensive ship in the game by a longshot(!) at a total of over 18 million credits, only Prototype X-1 is more expensive.
- Lower total health than its normal counterpart, the Galaxy.
- TL;DR: You see people? Run.
- Don't mine in a War.
- Trust few.
- If you are mining in a Freedom Galaxy and you get ambushed by combat Ships or Aliens, your best bet would be to quickly get back to your Starbase and despawn. (Do not over-estimate the health of this ship).
- Do not use this as a nuke or a tank—it is limited and massively expensive due to the sheer cost of the Class A Permit.
- If large amounts of high-score players joins an enemy team, it's your best bet to dock and despawn before they go on a killing rampage targeting your Freedom Galaxy.
- Use this with friends to clear large swaths of Ore Fields.
- Use this ship with extreme caution. Once it's destroyed, it will be extremely difficult to reobtain because of the sheer exorbitant cost.
- Buffed in version .68b adding another Large Patriotic Mining Laser (60 m3/s>75 m3/s)
- Shields and Hull reduced from 12000/12000 to 7500/7500 in version .71c.
- Ore Hold nerfed from 12500 to 12000 and released on limited permit build menu for a Class A Permit in version .73b1.
- Initial buff: Turn Speed increased from 0.1 to 0.2, and 1 extra Large Patriotic Mining Laser(Had 6 Large Patriotic Mining Lasers) added. This was partially reverted(the extra Large Patriotic Mining Laser was removed), and instead the Shield and Hull health was nerfed from 7,500/7,500 to 7,000/7,000, the Turn Speed was again increased from 0.2 to 0.3, and turret orientations corrected in version .74b14(?).
- The most expensive ship in the game due to requiring a Class A Permit to obtain, which costs 17 million credits.
- Released on the third and second-to-last day of the Fourth of July Event 2020. The late ship reveal caused the event to be extended by 12 hours so players could grind credits to afford it.
- dijumajo123 sold a Prototype X-2 to get enough credits for this ship.
- The :cost command estimates the ship's price is 1,220,900 Credits, and it sells for 721,371 Credits.
- The Freedom Galaxy has 50% more Ore Hold, costs 20% more and has greater mining speed than the Galaxy, it also previously had 166% more top speed until the minimum top speed became 50 (which would then be reduced to 45), it used to have 20% more combined HP until this ship and the Galaxy both had a health nerf to 7500 in both shields and hull.
- Despite the ship's turrets being arranged symmetrically across the top front of the ship, all 5 turrets are labeled as being on the right, even though only two are and the others are on the left and center of the ship.
- Makes 22,000-48k Credits depending on ores if transferring ores to Mega Base and 19,000 Credits if Selling to a base/Mega Base at 30% Loyalty.
- The first person to lose a Freedom Galaxy was Maxcart to Shadiris.
- Currently, the rarest miner kill in the game with less than 50 known Freedom galaxy deaths.
- The first person to lose a ship to a Freedom Galaxy was Hudson6539 who lost a Razor Wing to the explosion of superdestroyer12347's Freedom Galaxy.
As of Feb. 18th, 2021, players may trade their Galaxy or Freedom Galaxy for other ships with a total value less than or equal to 90% of the :shipcost price of the Freedom Galaxy. This can be done in the Galaxy Discord in the #galaxy-exchanges channel.(NOTE: This is probably obsolete due to the Freedom Galaxy being obtainable again)
- As of a unknown date, players may trade their Freedom Galaxy with 2 super-capitals for a Prototype X-1 or a Prototype X-2. Although this trade is frowned upon due to the grinding capabilities, it may allow players to get one of the most highly sought after ships in the game.