Frion I is currently the largest planet in Galaxy by the size of its atmosphere, which appears light purple on the outside and is 4,400 studs in diameter. The inside of the atmosphere is an orange-tan color. Frion I was the second planet to ever be added, the first being Earth when the game was in Alpha, but that has since been removed. Frion I has 14,000 shield and 14,000 hull at its base level.
Frion I can be upgraded once for 12,000 credits to add 21 Turrets and bring the health to 20,000 shield and 20,000 hull. It has an explosive radius of 700 but cannot explode, as when it is "destroyed" the faction with the last hit on it claims the planet.
Lucifer Station is a small station in orbit of Frion I, which can be entered through a teleporter in the main base. Lucifer Station was also special for 2 reasons: 1, it spawns fighters known as the Striker, the Nighthawk, and the Xenophile. Previously, it spawned the Unarmed Envoy and Dragonfly, which were known for being broken or refusing to respawn. 2, it holds 2 NPCs, both of which are used to get the quests known as Depthbreaker and Dining In Hell, which were both used for the getting a special dreadnought, the Kodiak.
This planet spawns quite a bit of Uranium around it which is valuable and rare.
Frion I, like any NPC base, can be assimilated when a faction's territory overpowers its own. However, all planets can also be captured -- whichever team brings the planet's health to 0 will, instead of destroying the planet, take over Frion I.
Frion I can be a useful base for early factions, as its economy starts off with lower prices. This makes it much easier to upgrade early-on, allowing teams to get a level 2 Starbase, which is required to spawn more powerful warships.
The climate of Frion I is not very special; The planet is barren and rocky and isn't able to support life. However, the pressurization required to sustain life in the Starbase appears to have leaked into a cave, as grass is growing under the lab.
- Added in version .56
- Turrets replaced with 8 orbital turrets in .62a to reduce lag
- A new mini-base with a boss fight quest can be found in Orbit around Frion as of .64f.
- Lucifer Station started spawning the Nighthawk, Dragonfly and Unarmed Envoy in an unknown version.
- Orbital turrets were replaced with Heavy Long Range Lasers and Heavy Railguns in .66b
- Frion Fighters changed to 1 striker 1 xenophile and 1 Nighthawk in version .73b3
- Frion I was created by Confinium and MasterPlural and later remodeled by oChaosWarrioro.
- The first planet to be added to Galaxy after the removal of Earth.
- Aqueous II has less health when compared to that of Frion I. However, it has two more turrets than Frion I does once fully upgraded.
- Aqueous II was generally considered weaker than Frion I, especially in the earlier days of Aqueous' existence.
- Frion I has a small weakspot underneath the main base. The only way to access it is to go into the range of the turrets and hide behind a small bit of rock. The planet actually hits itself while you can be safe from fire. Only ships smaller than the sixfold work for the operation.