The Galleon is the second-strongest Pirate boss. It has a large focus on hull health and damage, and is rather powerful against single opponents.
The Galleon is mostly brown, with some more metallic coloring for some parts of the ship. Its design somewhat resembles a sci-fi spaceship twist on a 1950s American streamlined locomotive.
The Galleon is a broadside ship and will try to align its broadside to face you. It also will call in Pirate ships, similar to the Kodiak and other pirate bosses. It has a relatively strong nuke, at around 4k studs of blast radius and 1k damage.
It spawns every 40 minutes with no player count limit in both private and public servers.
- Stay behind or in front of the Galleon as it is a broadside ship. It is also recommended to use hull breaker ships, as it is a hull tank with low shields. If there are few or no other pirates, the Galleon can be destroyed solo with a strong Dreadnought such as the Kraken, a Carrier, or a Super Capital.
- Avoid using hull-tanking ships to fight the Galleon, as both the it and other Pirates deal high amounts of damage to hull. A high damaging shield tank such as the Lazarus or Obliterator is excellent for this purpose.
- Alternatively, it can be brought to a Starbase or Planet to assist in killing it. This can help remove any other Pirates as well.
- Its Turrets have terrible accuracy, however, its Spinals do not. Stay away from the sides if possible.
- The Galleon is extremely weak to long range ships such as the Judgement, Kraken, Avalon or even an Archeon. Use your Turrets and Torpedoes at a distance, and warp away slightly if it catches up to you. It may take longer, but is effective if your ship can’t last long in heavy fire.
- Avoid making it turn it's back as it's spinals will have a line of sight and will melt your shield.
- Added in .72f1
- Disabled from spawning upon the release of the first part of Halloween 2021 for obvious reasons.
- Re-enabled from spawning in version .74b17, spawns every 54 minutes instead, with Armored Platings in the loot being changed to 150 Armor Scraps.
- Plasma Battery amount tripled (2 --> 6) in version .74b17.
- Disabled from spawning during Christmas 2021 event for obvious reasons, it was re-enabled a few days after the event ended.
- Disabled from spawning due to being replaced by 2 Pirate Waspinators during the April Fools event 2022 in version .75a9. This was later reverted after the conclusion of the event.
- Looks like an Emperor-class Battleship from Warhammer 40k.
- Uses an old model of the Armageddon.
- Due to the fact that broadsiding AI would require a different movement pattern, the Galleon simply moves sideways to fire its spinals, which makes warping and turning very strange looking.
- Galleon destruction can be a useful way of earning credits, since Plasma Batteries can be used for Uranium at the Mega Base, or for Credits at both the Mega Base and Pyramus. 500 Armor Scraps can be turned in for 75000 credits. Depending on how much damage you deal you may get a good amount of Combat Rewards as well.
- The Zhen is capable of taking down the Galleon solo, however, it is recommended to destroy the pirate fleet first.