The Gideon is a low-cost, turret-focused cruiser with decent speed and maneuverability which makes it a good ship for escorting larger ships and fending off smaller ships such as frigates and fighters.
The interior contains a pilot's seat that you will see if you go through the entry door. Behind the pilot's seat, there's a very tiny passage leading to a double-seated sofa allowing you to transport 2 players. In front, there is a screen with "Oblivion" Written on it.
- Low cost.
- Great amount of turrets for a cruiser.
- Decent speed and mobility.
- Great Turret placement.
- High health.
- High speed allows it to get to blind spots easily.
- Great ship for new players.
- Not much in firepower.
- Vulnerable bottom.
- Slower turn speed than most Cruisers.
- Support fleets in battle.
- Fend off smaller ships.
- Harass Miners or Freighters, or other bigger, slower ships.
- Destroy Dreadnoughts by teaming up with others.
- Always rotate your ship so that all the weapons can aim at the enemy.
- Good for killing Aliens.
- Try and get underneath enemy ships as most of your Turrets are located on the top of the ship.
- Buffed In Version .52, got 1 Flak Cannon and a mobility boost.
- Nerfed in .54 with the removal of a light Laser Turret.
- It got a remodel in .60d.
- Recolored and gained a Light Gatling Laser in version .66b
- 2 Light Flak Cannons -> 2 Light Autocannons .76d36
- Before the game went into [BETA], the most used ship to Pirate with was the Gideon. It still remains somewhat popular in such a role.
- Many experienced players call this the "Cobra-killer".
- This ship used to have Spinals when first added.
- Can fit three people, one in the pilot seat and two in the sofa in the back.
- Model used to be slightly glitched
- trypie9 loves this ship more than any player