The Hornet is a medium-small sized Miner-class ship.
The Hornet is a Miner-class ship which possesses three Tiny Mining Lasers. Its main body is made up of a large tubular section with Mining Lasers on one end and a spherical cockpit with a geometric design on the other.
The interior is simple. Upon entry of the tiny yellow control room, there is a seat and 3 screens that operate the Mining Lasers.
- Fairly affordable.
- It Is the Harvester’s equal in mining speed, but is better in other stats.
- If used by a player with a level one Warehouse, it is immune to all damage.
- Fairly decent speed for a Miner.
- Has a large ore hold of 3,500, which is 3,000 larger than Tango's ore hold.
- An easy target for Pirates.
- Aliens often target Miners.
- Small range with the Tiny Mining Lasers at 4,000 studs.
- Has no cargo hold.
- Should only be used during peaceful times.
- Should be used close to a Base/Planet with defensive Turrets.
- Check your Minimap constantly to avoid enemies and Aliens.
- Never mine during Wars.
- Retreat to base if War is declared.
- .61h1? - Warp Drive added.
- Received a remodel in version .65b.
- Received a remodel, turret loadout changed from 3 Small Mining Lasers to 2 Medium Mining Lasers, Top Speed increased from 130 to 170, Turn Speed increased from 0.55 to 0.6, and Acceleration increased from 17 to 50 in version .75a5.
- It's turret loadout --3 Small Mining Lasers-- were swapped with 3 Tiny Mining Lasers, Ore Hold was increased from 750 to 3,500, it's Cargo Hold was basically removed, Top Speed decreased from 170 to 100, and Acceleration decreased from 25 to 15 in version .75a10.
- One of the newer Miners to be added to the game.
- The Hornet was proposed a long time ago with one Medium Mining Laser but was finally added in .61g with three Small Mining Lasers instead.
- The explosion radius has been reduced to 0 multiple times due to a Roblox glitch.
- Earns enough credits to pay for itself in approximately 1-2 trips.
- Three times better than the Wasp in every way except for speed.
- There was noticeable part overlap in the original model, most notably in the cockpit, creating a "glitchy" effect when looked at.
- There's an image of Hornet from Hollow Knight on one of the screens.
- When it was first released, the explosion was so powerful that it was able to 1 shot certain battleships.
- If a new player uses all the codes, they can sell their new ships and purchase the Hornet, drastically and quickly improving their in-game progress.
- Previously in Galaxy Arcade, it was referred as the obama-sphere as some joke to bait people that it is the best ship in the game.
- Looks like alien salt shaker.