This article describes the former NPC Boss ship. For the Player-owned vessel with an almost identical appearance, see Prototype X-2
Unlike other Kneall Ships, the Kneall Prototype will maneuver to a range of 0-500 studs away from its target. It is able to fight more effectively with this closer range allowing it to usually turn its side to the enemy.
- Use a Viper or a similar Frigate to distract the Turrets while Dreadnoughts and Battleships dish out heavy damage.
- Warp to a distance after destroying this ship, as it has a very large and damaging death explosion.
- ? Alien Parts + 50 Plasma Batteries.
- You can only loot up to 25 plasma batteries per run from a Kneall Prototype wreck.
- The ship has a similar model to the Prototype X-2 but it is slightly different with numerous antennas and being smaller.
- Some people describe this as a weaker Prototype X-2 but, in fact, the Kneall Prototype's DPS is much higherthan Prototype X-2's DPS.
- The Kneall Subcannon has poor LoS.
- You used to be able to pilot this in Galaxy Development.
- Only rcouret is able to spawn it along with the Kneall Fleet in Galaxy.