This article describes the player-owned ship. For the NPC boss ship with the same model, see Kodiak. Note that the model has been changed.
The Kraken used to only be obtainable by completing the quest Depthbreaker. It is black and grey in color with various neon parts. The ship's Torpedoes are so large that they jut prominently out from the front launching bay.
The Kraken has no interior, just a cockpit with a seat for the user.
- It can cause massive Hull damage and out-range Starbases with the Medium Torpedoes' incredible range of 10000.
- Great for sieges due to its powerful Spinals.
- Decent mobility and speed.
- Very high combined health and small size for a Dreadnought make it potentially harder to destroy with heavy weapons.
- Great at kill stealing with its Torpedoes.
- Very small blind spot due to good turret placement.
- As of September 5, 2021, the only ships that beat its monstrous 444 average DPS are some Super Capitals, the Prototype X-1, and the Prototype X-2.
- Needs good Spinal aiming skills to prove effective.
- Without its Spinals, the Kraken, can be easy prey for other Dreadnoughts.
- Torpedoes are very slow, making it hard to hit moving targets.
- Currently not buildable, so once it is destroyed it is gone forever.
- Very slow.
- Added in .65a3.
- In .65a6, it got its own custom Turrets.
- In 65b, the requirements of obtaining it were increased from 4 Kodiak Armor Plates and 1 Kodiak Activator, to 10 Kodiak Armor Plates and 3 Kodiak Activators.
- On an non-version update, the price got updated to 12 Kodiak Armor Plates and 1 Kodiak Activator (15 in total).
- Torpedo count increased from 1 to 2 in .65b
- Kodiak Plates and Activator removed in .66b, replaced with 265k total cost and a WH level of 18.
- Recolored and previous loadout replaced with 4 Capital Triple Lasers and 4 Heavy Flak Cannons in version .66b.
- 4 Heavy Flak Cannons and 2 Capital Triple Lasers changed to 4 Medium Flak Cannons and 2 Triple Heavy Lasers in version .69a1.
- Removed from the build menu in version .69a1.
- Received a remodel in version .70b2.
- Turret placement changed in version .70c.
- Medium Torpedo count increased from 3 to 4 in version .73d5
- The Kraken is decently maneuverable for a Dreadnought, but do not go against opponents who are smaller and faster than you.
- The Kraken's Torpedoes have long range, longer than most Starbase Turrets, which make it a great ship for far-range sieging.
- Run in and easily steal kills with your 500 damage Medium Torpedoes and custom turrets, but take care when doing so.
- If you get hulled, run as fast as you can.
- Do yourself a favor and try not to fight small ships that can pick at your health.
- If you dive a big target, you can hit it with your Torpedoes easily while it is docking.
- Try to bring a support ship with you like an Ampharos to compensate for your underwhelming mobility and defense against small, mobile ships.
- Almost the same model as the Kodiak's.
- It's the smallest Dreadnought in the game, having the same size as Battlecruisers, or even some large Cruisers.
- The model of this ship is based on the Kraken ship from Star Conflict.
- This ship used is currently limited, it was on the build menu but now limited once again much like the atlas.
- Since the torpedoes fire one at a time, if you turn your ship quickly after the first torpedo fires, the second will still fire in the same direction only it will fly askew.
- Limited as of 8/20/2020.
- After the quest to obtain it was removed, the Kodiak Activator and Kodiak Armor were not removed from the game, leaving them to waste space in a few people's warehouses.
- They currently do not serve any purpose, Although it may serve a purpose when the quest returns.