The Mammoth is one of the only VIP Miners in the game.
The Mammoth was the first Miner in the game with more than four Mining Lasers (The ship currently has 4 Medium Mining Lasers). The Mammoth, is essentially a upgrade to the Rorqual (also referenced in the build menu description), as this mines faster and accelerates faster, while it's turn speed is lower than the Rorqual, costs more, requires a higher warehouse level, and requires VIP, every other stat is the same as the Rorqual. It has a mining range of 5500 and takes a minimum of 250 seconds to fill up its hold.
The Mammoth has a very large interior for its class. The ship is entered through a small stairway at the stern of the ship. From there, a long hallway leads to the main room, containing the pilot's seat and many screens. Another small stairway at the center of the room will take the player downstairs into two smaller rooms. One room is a sleeping quarters, while the other is a small office.
- Very fast for a Miner of its size.
- Same total health as Rorqual.
- Mines faster than the Rorqual.
- High ore hold.
- Has high health, allowing it to tank longer than other Miners.
- VIP Gamepass is required.
- Large size makes it a large target, but it is still smaller than the M Class.
- Aliens often target Miners, especially those as large of a target as the Mammoth.
- Quite expensive for its class.
- Has less turn speed than the Rorqual.
- Never mine during a war.
- Use the warp if attacked and watch the chat or Minimap for War declarations or incoming Pirates. It is recommended to do a check like this at least a few times a minute.
- Try to mine in a VIP Server to avoid pirating players. Be aware that Aliens can still spawn in these servers.
- Don't mine at the Mega Base if at War and are unprotected. It's not worth it even with the ability to warp.
- It's better to mine at large clusters of ores since they are easily harvested and the Medium Mining Lasers will not be out of range when mining.
- Received a few minor tweaks in .59a affecting mobility and health pool.
- Received a rebalance in .59d, replacing 4 Medium Mining Lasers with 8 Small Mining Lasers.
- Received a price change in .59d doubling it's original price.
- Received a buff that increased its mining range by 50%.
- Received a nerf in .60d that removed 2 Small Mining Lasers and removed the ship's Warp Drive.
- Reversed the nerf from .60d that removed the 2 Small Mining Lasers and removed the Warp Drive.
- Received a massive buff in .61e4 that doubled health and added some damage resistance.
- Received a buff in .61i that increased the ore hold to 5000, but removed 175 Cargo Hold.
- Top speed reduced to 70, turn speed reduced to 0.3, ore hold and cargo hold buffed to 5500 and 550, 8 Small Mining Lasers switched out with 4 Medium Mining Lasers and received a remodel in version .68e.
- Fixed and given a teleporter from the docking point to the pilot's seat in version .68e.
- Top speed increased to 145, 4 Medium Mining Lasers switched out with 7 Small Mining Lasers prior to version .69a1.
- 7 Small Mining Lasers switched out with 4 Medium Mining Lasers prior to version .69a1.
- Top speed reverted to 70 in version .69a1.
- Received a nerf that made its 4 Medium Mining Lasers become 4 Small Mining Lasers in version .69a2.
- 4 Small Mining Lasers changed back to 4 Medium Mining Lasers in version .69a2.
- Shields increased from 2000 to 2500, hull increased from 2500 to 5000, top speed reduced from 70 to 50, acceleration reduced from 29 to 12, turn speed reduced from 0.3 to 0.2 in version .71c3.
- There is a banner in the back of the ship, showing the wolf of House Stark, from Game Of Thrones.
- It was the second Miner to ever have a Warp Drive. The first was the Harvester.
- It's the first and only VIP Gamepass utility ship.
- A lot of people without VIP got it before it was enforced in the Halloween Event 2017.
- Brings in around 6500 credits without any Loyalty per run.
- Along with the Wooly Mammoth, it was the largest Miner (by model size) in the game until the M Class was added.
- During the Christmas Event 2017, this got a "reskin" as the Wooly Mammoth, which is the most expensive ship in the entire game (mainly due to the crazy high cost of the Class A Permit).
- It was repeatedly nerfed upon release to balance it.
- Used to be the most expensive Miner, but has since been replaced by the Galaxy and the Orca.