The Marauder is a Battlecruiser designed to be well-rounded.
The Marauder is a small, nimble Battlecruiser with a balance of turret and spinal firepower and a heavy emphasis on Hull health.
The interior is simple, with a teleporter pad that takes you into a room that has a carpet and a few screens as well as the pilot seat.
- Balanced damage output.
- Majority of DPS comes from Spinals
- High Hull for its class.
- Explosion Value of 34
- Vulnerable at the bottom.
- if you miss Spinals, you are missing out on a big chunk of your dps
- Low shields.
- Use this ship in swarms to take down larger ships.
- Don't attack ships that have lots of small Turrets.
- Avoid Shield breakers.
- Name fixed in .69d.
- Rebalanced in .75a5.
- Marauder Speed increased (65 -> 90) Marauder Acceleration increased (25 -> 30) .75a12
- The name of the ship used to have a space before it. That meant that players must add an extra space when using the :cost command. It also meant that the ship appears on the top of the "spawn ship" list because of alphabetical order. (this is probably fixed?)
- A Carrier called the Warlord has a design that looks very similar to this ship; also, a Fighter called the Harbinger, which is found exclusively on the Prometheus, shares a similar model.
- The Marauder has a slight resemblance to the Daedalus from Stargate, while the Warlord is almost identical to it.