The Naglfar is a Dreadnought with high maneuverability and speed.
The Naglfar is a Dreadnought with a rather balanced loadout and very high maneuverability that allows it to be a decent ship against brawling other Capital Ships. Notably, all of its turrets are anti-shield laser weapons, while its spinal weapons are all anti-hull.
The Naglfar has a long and thin profile for a Dreadnought. It has a mostly grey colour scheme with numerous armored details around the ship. Its most prominent features are its extremely large spinal barrel, which spans almost half of the ship, and its two big fins on the back of the ship. In the middle there can be found a small airlock door, and below that door is the text, "DEATH TO UNE", similar to the one found on Nimitz.
Its interior is just a grey box.
- Higher than average health.
- Very high maneuverability, with a turn speed of 0.26.
- Decent for brawling against other Capital Ships and for defense against Sieges.
- Can inflict high damage against hull with its Hull DPS of 300+.
- Large Blindspots on the bottom and the back of the ship.
- Bad Turret placement against Ships below its class.
- Deals low damage against shields.
- Limited defensive capability against small ships, with its only anti-small craft weapons being a pair of Medium Gatling Laser turrets.
- This ship is designed around frontal firepower - all of your turrets can converge onto targets in front of you to support your heavy spinal guns.
- Do not under any circumstances try to fight small ships; you will waste potential DPS on ships you can barely hit. Instead, have your teammates do the pest control work.
- Staying at medium range and using your Heavy Lasers will help you easily fight Dreadnoughts.
- Have teammates flying shield breaking ships to offset your low shield damage.
- It handles better than most Dreadnoughts, but always be on alert.
- Due to your lower Hull health, you must be careful when your shield becomes depleted.
- If there are any base defenders, focus on them first. They pose a greater risk to you and your fleet than the Starbase.
- Never tank in a siege. A Starbase will make short work of your shields.
- Work closely with your team when defending - have a teammate use a ship that's great against shields to strip a target's shields before firing a spinal salvo to kill the target or at least force it to warp out to disengage.
- Remodeled in .61h1
- Shield health raised to 7000, Spinal size increased to huge and given an extra cannon barrel in version .68e.
- 2 Capital Triple Lasers and 1 Triple Heavy Laser changed to 1 Triple Heavy Cannon and 2 Dual Medium Cannons in version .69a1.
- Explosion Size 500 ----> 590 .75a12
- Remodeled in an unknown version.
- Has the same text "Death To UNE" as the one found on Nimitz.
- The Naglfar is one of the most remodeled ships, having had 4 remodels in its history.
- It was once the cheapest Dreadnought to buy before its recent buff.
- Original model was created by Cob_ra, a user who is now an Adopt Me staff member.