The Nimitz is a long carrier that's design is almost identical to that of a Cold War-Era Carrier, with a sea-based ship hull, a long, wide runway and a bridge, along with a decorative anchor in one of its side. It's hull color is based on the current team color. The hull also has a large thruster behind it instead of propellers for a good reason.
The Nimitz has an Interior as high as 3 decks on the bridge, on the 3rd level is where the pilot seat can be found. There's also 2 teleporters that are shaped like bulkhead doors that lead to either the docking entrance, or the Fighter deck.
- 55% Damage resistance which is 5% more than most ships/carriers.
- Balanced firepower and accuracy in both the Carrier itself and its Fighters.
- Accurate Turrets.
- Variety of powerful Fighters.
- Large amount of powerful Fighters gives it incredible damage potential, especially if they are AI Fighters.
- Extremely high acceleration for it's class.
- It has an explosion radius of 1250, rivaling that of Super Capital nukes and can destroy full health Dreadnoughts.
- Has the highest Fighter DPS of any non-limited Carriers at a monstrous 1214 if all fighters are used.
- Large blind spots near the sides and under the ship.
- Not much in firepower against larger Ships like Dreadnoughts.
- No Spinals.
- Sacrifices firepower for Fighters.
- Not very good at Sieging or attacking other ships without teammates or AI to pilot the Fighters.
- The amount of Fighters might be unnecessary as you need enough players or AI to pilot them.
- Unused Fighters are exposed to fire from enemies, allowing them to be destroyed before taking off.
- Unable to fire all Turrets at once, as a result of a turret being partially inside the ship (and the line of sight for that turret is blocked also).
- Unbalanced Hull and Shield health, and a low total health.
- VERY high cost to equip all fighters with AI pilots, costing 3250 robux in total without VIP.
- It's extremely powerful nuke will be a threat to your own fleet/team when your ship is destroyed.
- Do not use this ship alone. If you do so, travel with a heavy escort that you can trust, as your low health will catch up to you if you are Dived.
- Make sure your team uses the Fighters against the same target.
- The runway can be used to easily land and regroup Fighters without recalling them, or for a Fighter to flee from a small ship, as the Nimitz destroys the other ship.
- Use your high accuracy Turrets to defend yourself and your Fighters from smaller ships.
- Avoid Shield breaker ships like the Zeus, Warden and Nisos, as majority of your health is in Shields.
- It can be used as a support Carrier in sieges by carrying Fighters to distract enemy Starbases, as well as providing great support from its large fighter swarm.
- Fighters can block spinals and protect your carrier from blind spots.
- Pre-organize a group of players large enough to utilize most of the fighters on the Nimitz prior to spawning it, such as over a discord call or community group. A coordinated team gathered into the Nimitz fighters can create a swarm capable of demolishing virtually any opponent, even Ships like Dreadnoughts and Super Capitals.
- Warp in, release all your fighters and warp out as soon as you can to your nearest or strongest Starbase.
- If you think your ship will be destroyed, Warp your ship away as far as possible from your own fleet or starbase as the nuke has a whopping radius of 12,500 studs, and if possible, you can warp to the enemy's fleet or starbase to bring the nuke there instead.
- Remodeled & Buffed on December 19, 2021. All fighters were removed from the game and new ones were introduced. Nimitz's hull went to 10,000 buffing the 8,000 it had before. The version this happened is to be believed .75a1.
- Remodeled on March 24, 2018, and upscaled slightly on the 26th.
- Rebalanced in version .61e; Health raised to 4650/5900, Top Speed reduced to 21, Acceleration reduced to 3, Turn Speed reduced to 0.03 and Cargo Hold increased to 1200.
- Turn Speed increased from 0.03 to 0.05 in an unknown version.
- Shields increased to 5860 in version .68b.
- Remodeled and buffed in version .68d, Acceleration increased from 3 to 50, added one more Interceptor, health increased from 5860/5900 to 10000/8000, and Turret loadout changed to 2 Medium Flak Cannons, 2 Heavy Flak Cannons and 3 Heavy Point Defense Lasers.
- 13 Interceptors were switched out with 3 Instigators, 3 Interceptor F and 7 Foxfires in version .68e, which were then switched out with 11 Foxfires, 1 V-22 Osprey-S and 1 V-22 Osprey-H in version .75a5.
- Taken out of build menu in version .69d2 for violating lag protocol.
- 3rd model was reverted to the 2nd model as the 3rd model caused lag issues.
- Heavy PDL count reduced from 2 to 1 in version .75a5
- Health pool nerfed from 9000 shield, 8000 hull to 8000 shield 3000 hull, nuke was buffed shortly afterwards in version .75a5.
- It's old model is based on the Nimitz class supercarrier, from which it also gets its name.
- It's 3rd model is based on the Drake Krakenfrom Star Citizen.
- The Carrier that carries the second most Fighter variants, at a count of 3, only beaten by the Alpha Ship, at a count of 6.
- One of four Carriers to have Fighters with a Turret, the others being the Valkyries from the Icarus, the Elanis from the Hevnetier and the Harbingers from the Prometheus.
- One of three Carriers to have Fighters docked on the exterior of the Carrier, the others being the Frostfires from the Hailstorm and the Hunters from the Executioner.
- Has the most Fighters out of all other Carriers.
- In an older version of the Nimitz, some of the former Fighters on the ship occasionally will bug out and will only do loop-de-loops when piloted.
- The previous model had a Hydra symbol on one of the screens.