The Nyx is one of the largest ships in Galaxy and has one of the highest health totals out of all carriers, along with the highest fighter dps of all non-limited Carriers.
The Nyx is a large, flat Carrier with a massive health pool and the fourth most Fighters in the game. Contrary to what many may believe, the Nyx has decent firepower for a Carrier but functions leagues better with fighters than without.
Upon entering the bridge you will be teleported to an empty black box with the pilots seat and a teleporter back to the dock. A second teleporter will take players to a small but detailed and well-lit fighter bay which contains 8 Nixesions.
- Extremely high firepower from the Nixesion Fighters.
- Large cargo hold. (1000)
- Relatively large explosion value of 410 (4.1k stud radius) can easily destroy all smaller ships in range, and even some smaller capital ships, provided their health has been sufficiently crippled first.
- Decent Turret firepower.
- The fighters alone possess incredible combined firepower far exceeding that of the Prototype X-2, and the Nyx has enough turret firepower to defend itself against most ships even without the use of its fighters.
- Players can easily swarm an undefended Nyx.
- Very large.
- Tied with many other ships, such as the Prototype X-1 and Ridgebreaker as the slowest ship in the game.
- Very expensive compared to other Carriers.
- Massive explosion size could result in death towards friendly ships. (410 radius)
- Can easily be destroyed by multiple Dreadnoughts.
- This ship requires multiple people to properly protect and use to deal proper damage.
- Unreliable without AI Fighters.
- Inexperienced pilots will have a hard time piloting some Nixesions out of the hangar of the Nyx due to the edges of the wings being clipped inside of part of the hangar itself.
- Many blind spots due to the size of the ship.
- Always travel in a fleet to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Make sure you have a team that will listen to you so they can teleport on board to pilot the Nixesions.
- Bait and Switch: Warp Into a dangerous zone, tell pilots to enter the Nixesions and then warp out of the zone leaving the Nixesions to deal with whatever you encountered.
- When attacking this ship, warp as fast as possible away from the explosion to avoid becoming nuked.
- A Nyx at War with multiple factions will almost always gather a fleet with the purpose of defeating it.
- Avoid AA ships such as the Mjolnheimr or Ampharos - their accurate turrets will shred your fighters.
- If the enemy faction is sieging, try to use your own fighters to defend the base.
- Though the Nyx is capable of tanking, always be ready to escape or despawn, as being dived could easily lead to death due to the Nyx's low mobility and firepower. Never overestimate the vessel's health.
- As of December 20, 2021 the Nyx requires 8 Armored Platings.
- Buffed in version .64c to add 2 Medium Lasers and 2 Light Gatling Cannons.
- Received a remodel in version .66l, fighter count reduced from 12 to 8.
- Buffed in Carrier Rebalance on July 25, 2020: Health increased from 12500/10000 to 15000/11000, 2 Light Gatling Cannons and Medium Lasers replaced with 4 Heavy Point Defense Lasers and 2 Heavy Flak Cannons in version .68d.
- Top Speed increased from 15 to 50 and Turn Speed increased from 0.03 to 0.1 in version .70c1, along with every other ship that had less than 50 Top Speed and less than 0.1 Turn Speed.
- Remodeled, turret armament changed from 4 Heavy Flak Cannons and 2 Heavy Point Defence Lasers, to 8 Dual Medium Lasers; explosion value increased from 410 to 1250, speed increased from 45 to 70, turn speed increased from 0.1 to 0.11, and acceleration buffed from 5 to 12, Nixesion amount changed from 8 to 12, and cargo hold reduced from 1000 to 300, in version .74b14.
- As of 2/6/2022, the nyx fighter count was reduced to 9 from 12.
- As of 3/01/2022, nyx fighter count was reduced to 8 from 9.
- One of the most-used carriers in the game, mainly due to its nuking capability and extreme health distribution.
- Originally had no turrets.
- In the newest update, it and the Borealis received turrets.(When?)
- This original ship is based on the Gallente Federation Supercarrier Nyx, in Eve Online.
- Came out during the Rogue One event.
- It used to be the bulkiest ship in game before the Prototypes came out.
- This ship was one of the 5 chosen to be remodeled for the Halloween Event 2017, with its remodel, the Ghoul Nyx, being a stronger, transparent version of the original.
- Nyx was the Greek goddess of Night and Darkness.
- Largest ship upon release.
- Was the most expensive non-event ship in the build menu until Prometheus came out, save for a short period of time upon the release of the Borealis in which the Borealis costed more, nowadays, Borealis along with Nimitz, Prometheus and Revelation are more expensive than it.
- The original model had a rather detailed interior, with it even including a cafeteria room. Sadly, it was eventually removed due to lag.
- The Borealis and Prometheus were both released as more costly than the Nyx, and were both intended to be stronger than the Nyx(and all other Carriers) upon their release, but despite that, the Nyx has remained the most powerful and reliable non-limited carrier since it was released originally.