The Nyx is one of the largest ships in Galaxy and has the 2nd highest health of all non-limited ships, along with the highest fighter dps of all non-limited Carriers.
The Nyx is a large, flat Carrier with a massive health pool and the fourth most Fighters in the game. Contrary to what many may believe, the Nyx has decent firepower for a Carrier but functions leagues better with fighters than without.
Upon entering the bridge you will be teleported to an empty black box with the pilots seat and a teleporter back to the dock. A second teleporter will take players to a small but detailed and well-lit fighter bay which contains 8 Nixesions.
- Extremely high firepower from the Nixesion Fighters.
- High top speed and turn speed for it's size.
- Large Cargo Hold.
- The combination of 26k total health and 55% damage resistance means that this ship's health is comparable to a Super Capital, due to this, it can take the most punishment out of every ship except Prometheus, Super Capitals, Admin Ships, Ghoul Nyx and Retro Nyx.
- Extremely large death explosion can easily destroy all smaller ships in range (~5000 studs).
- Decent Turret firepower.
- The fighters alone possess incredible combined firepower far exceeding that of the Prototype X-2, and the Nyx has enough turret firepower to defend itself against most ships even without the use of its fighters.
- Players can easily swarm an undefended Nyx.
- Very large.
- Tied with many other ships, such as the Prototype X-1 and Ridgebreaker as the slowest ship in the game.
- Very expensive compared to other Carriers.
- Massive explosion size could result in harm to friendly ships.
- Can easily be destroyed by multiple Dreadnoughts.
- This ship requires cooperation to be properly utilized.
- Sometimes ignored by teammates, leaving nobody to pilot the Fighters.
- This ship is seen as a golden target for opportunistic pilots, given its low mobility and huge profile.
- Takes time to make back the amount of money it costs.
- No Spinals.
- Inexperienced pilots will have a hard time piloting some Nixesions out of the hangar of the Nyx due to the edges of the wings being clipped inside of part of the hangar itself.
- Many blind spots due to the size of the ship, the most easily exploitable blind spot being a large non-collidable mid-section(below the top of the ship next to the hangar bay) of the ship where even ships the size of large Battleships are able to fit in and attack the Nyx without risk of being attacked by the Nyx's turret armament.
- Always travel in a fleet to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Make sure you have a team that will listen to you so they can teleport on board to pilot the Nixesions.
- Bait and Switch: Warp Into a dangerous zone, tell pilots to enter the Nixesions and then warp out of the zone leaving the Nixesions to deal with whatever you wanted dealt with. (Make sure you actually have a team that will listen to you.)
- When attacking this ship, it is recommended to get at least 3000 studs away before it explodes, or you might be destroyed by the explosion.
- A Nyx at War with multiple factions will almost always gather a fleet with the purpose of defeating it. Never rely on the Nyx's health to tank a fleet.
- Generally avoid the Mjolnheimr as it can destroy Nixesions with ease using its high-accuracy weapons.
- If the enemy faction is nearby, release Fighters at your base to deal free damage without having to spawn a credit costing ship.
- Though the Nyx is capable of tanking, always be ready to escape or despawn, as being dived could easily lead to death due to the Nyx's low mobility and firepower. Never overestimate the vessel's health.
- Buffed in version .64c to add 2 Medium Lasers and 2 Light Gatling Cannons.
- Received a remodel in version .66l, fighter count reduced from 12 to 8.
- Buffed in Carrier Rebalance on July 25, 2020: Health increased from 12500/10000 to 15000/11000, 2 Light Gatling Cannons and Medium Lasers replaced with 4 Heavy Point Defense Lasers and 2 Heavy Flak Cannons in version .68d.
- Top Speed increased from 15 to 50 and Turn Speed increased from 0.03 to 0.1 in version .70c1, along with every other ship that had less than 50 Top Speed and less than 0.1 Turn Speed.
- One of the most-used carriers in the game, mainly due to its nuking capability and extreme health distribution.
- Originally had no turrets.
- In the newest update, it and the Borealis received turrets.
- The Carrier with the highest cargo hold.
- This original ship is based on the Gallente Federation Supercarrier Nyx, in Eve Online.
- Came out during the Rogue One event.
- It used to be the bulkiest ship in game before the Prototypes came out.
- This ship was one of the 5 chosen to be remodeled for the Halloween Event 2017, with its remodel, the Ghoul Nyx, being a stronger, transparent version of the original.
- Nyx was the Greek goddess of Night and Darkness.
- Largest ship upon release.
- Was the most expensive non-event ship in the build menu until Prometheus came out (now offsale), save for a short period of time upon the release of the Borealis in which the Borealis costed more, nowadays, Borealis along with Nimitz, Prometheus and Revelation are more expensive than it.
- The original model had a rather detailed interior, with it even including a cafeteria room. Sadly, it was eventually removed due to lag.
- The Borealis and Prometheus were both released as more costly than the Nyx, and were both intended to be stronger than the Nyx(and all other Carriers) upon their release, but despite that, the Nyx has remained the most powerful and reliable non-limited carrier since it was released originally.