A sphere with multiple patches of Obama's face on it. The exterior is non-collidable. The quest giver for the obamasphere was found in the top half of Terminal A of the Mega Base, where it asked players for 5000 credits to complete a vague quest.
The obamasphere has a small plank with a seat on the inside. This is very similar to other spherical ships such as the Snowball.
- Extreme speed and maneuverability
- Extremely small hitbox
- If you lose this, you can't get it back.
- Should never have been made.
- Re-classed from Frigate to Miner in version .72f
- Ore Hold reduced from 6500 to 1 in order to reduce explosion radius in version .72f
- Hitbox enlarged thus making this ship unable to enter starbases.
- Re-classed from Miner to Frigate in an unknown version
- The first person to lose an obamasphere was BottomOfTheSwamp.
- The o in obamasphere is lowercase, meaning it sorts to the bottom of your Spawn Ship list.
- The obamasphere quest giver only ever said the word "obamasphere," except upon completing the quest, when it says "gamer." The player must click through dialogue options until they receive the quest, then return with 5000 credits to complete it.
- During the single day when the quest was enabled, pirate obamaspheres spawned naturally. Despite being Frigates, these ships posed no threat due to their lack of weaponry, similar to an X-0, though it was unable to call.
- Was only a mere 5000 credits, which allowed both new players and old players to get this ship.
July 7th Incident
On July 7th, 2021, the obamasphere was changed to a miner and given 6500 ore hold by SuperChip15. This resulted in the obamasphere being worth 300k and having an extreme nuke, approximately the nuke of the Galaxy. At 1:09 PM Eastern time, two obamaspheres were nuked in a private server, not knowing the explosion radius and damage. An E Class, a Weapon of Mass Destruction, and an Icebreaker were destroyed by the explosion.
The nuke of the obamasphere has been nerfed due to this incident until a new patch rolls out (Which it has now as of 3/15/2022)