The Panther is a highly-maneuverable VIP Battleship.
The Panther is a uniquely-shaped Battleship with high top speed, maneuverability, and Spinal firepower. It is comparable to the Sentaliz, but with more Turret firepower and more health. The shape of the Panther roughly resembles its namesake.
The interior of the Panther is very similar to that of the Armageddon, with a small detailed room containing the teleporter and pilot's seat.
- Very high mobility.
- A great support ship if you put it with a large fleet, as it can be a huge source of damage.
- Fast for its class, faster than most Battlecruisers.
- Great acceleration for its class.
- Extremely high overall DPS, higher than some Dreadnoughts at a whopping 261 DPS (Spinal) 150 DPS (Turret).
- Very expensive and requires VIP.
- Very low health for it's class.
- Vulnerable bottom.
- Due to its fairly large size it can easily be hit by spinals.
- Can be hard to aim spinals due to the odd front section.
- Make sure to put your Spinals to use as they are quite powerful in battle.
- Due to its high speed and relatively high general durability, diving a Starbase is a relatively easy task, however, it's not completely immune to damage.
- It can be used to protect bigger ships from Fighters, using its Turrets, or from bigger ships, using it's Spinals.
- You are going to have to rely on range if you are traveling alone.
- Situational awareness is highly relied on when using the Panther. A tiny ship sneaking up on you could be your end.
- If you know that there is no escape nuke yourself and you have the slight chance of taking something with you
- The Panther has a play style similar to the Helios, as both are glass cannons, extremely maneuverable, and can do huge amounts of damage.
- .61h1 - Speed reduced, HP slightly increased.
- .61h1 - Huge nerf in HP, Spinal count halved, speed reduced, acceleration reduced, Spinal size decreased to "large".
- .61h1 - 1 Small Turret, 10 more speed, -250 shield, 1 more Large Phaser.
- Was removed from VIP and made public in version ???
- Received a stat change in .63h that added 500 shield and hull, buffed the Medium Laser to a Heavy Laser, removed 30 speed, and slightly changed the price.
- Buffed in .66b, losing its small turret and gaining a medium and 2 larges.
- Remodeled in version .67c.
- Explosion size increased in version .69e.
- Was added back to VIP in version .73a3.
- Explosion Size 100 ----> 320 .75a12
- Received over four major changes in the span of a few hours.
- The current Panther model was a near-replica of the Minmatar Panther-class Black Ops Battleship from EVE Online. See link: https://evepics.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/eppantheralign.jpg
- This ship used to be a VIP ship.
- The Panther is basically a bigger Tengu.
- Highest DPS of all battleships as of .69a.