Permits are special materials used in the creation of ships on the Limited Build Menu. They are typically available exclusively at the Mega Base, and are quite expensive compared to other purchasable components.
Prices of build permits can vary directly with the demand, often inflating or deflating overtime and A Price Ceiling doesn't exist meaning the price of all permits have no limit in how expensive they can be. This page only shows the current lowest and highest price the permits have as of this month.
One example is the Class B permit which was in the 3-5 million range, until the Lucifer was made Class B, ballooning the demand for the permit, and therefore ballooning the price to 8 million plus.
All Permits, over time will have their prices fall and could theoretically reach 0 if given enough time. Buying any type of Permit will raise that permit's price due to demand. The more a type of permit is available in Mega Base, the higher rate that it's price will fall.
Note: The current price of Build permits can be checked from the Mega Base, or if not possible, the Announcer Bot in the Galaxy Discord.
Currently, there are six types of permits:
- Super Capital Permit — required for construction of Super Capital-class ships (excluding Lucifer, and the Prototypes). Price range can vary from 3 million credits at it's lowest and up to an astonishing 13 million credits at it's recorded highest.
- A Class Permit — required build material for Prototypes (Including Retro Prototype X-1), or the miner Freedom Galaxy. Price Range can vary from 7 million at it's lowest and up to an astounding 19 million credits at it's recorded highest.
- B Class Permit ― required for construction of more powerful limited ships like Carriers and Dreadnoughts. Price Range can vary from 2.3 million credits at it's lowest and up to 11 million credits at it's recorded highest.
- C Class Permit ― required for mid-tier limited ships. Price Range can vary from 1.3 million credits at it's lowest and up to 5 million credits at it's recorded highest.
- D Class Permit ― required for construction of slightly more powerful limited ships. Price Range can vary from 400k credits at it's lowest and up to 3 million credits at it's recorded highest.
- E Class Permit ― required for construction of the cheapest limited ships. Price Range can vary from 150k credits at it's lowest and up to 1.4 million credits at it's recorded highest.
- Many ships requiring permits are far more powerful than normal ships, and if you are patient, investing in them may be worth your time.
- Many Limited ships that used to be unobtainable are now obtainable via the Limited Build Menu.
- Extremely expensive. Prices vary by permit class, but all are insanely expensive compared to the ships they let you build.
- Buying limited ships via permits is often considered not worth it, because they are usually targeted and permits are incredibly expensive, along with the fact that many limited ships aren't that much more effective overall compared to regular ones. This means simply using normal ships repeatedly can be a better option.
- Contrary to the meaning of their names, permits are consumed upon building a single ship, rather than generally permitting you to build ships of their respective class. People who buy them may not know this and will often be disappointed after finding out and buying a limited ship.
- Only obtainable through purchasing with credits, not dropped by any NPC ships or rewarded by quests
- Some classes of permits may be out of stock for long periods of time.
- Prices for permits often balloon due to demand, so obtaining certain permits can be difficult to acquire for long periods of time.
Current price ranges are as of July 2022.