The Prototype X-1 is an incredibly sturdy, sluggish, expensive, massive, and hard-hitting flagship. It is equipped with a unique turret armament that allows the ship to deal colossal damage but also have good point defenses. Its Quest requires 50k Silicate, 40k Carbon, 30k Iridium, 10k Adamantite, 10k Palladium, 10k Titanium, 10k Quantium, 10k Uranium, 1 Weapons Part, and 1 Intact Bastion Module.
This ship was originally obtainable via quests from various places during the Beta phase of the game, however it is currently available as a Quest reward on Aqueous after obtaining the proper resources and stronghold drops.
The Prototype X-1 is notable for its unique appearance. To start with, there is the distinctive hammerhead-like shape it has at the front of its hull, and two engine pods mounted on both sides respectively near the rear of the ship hull. The engine array at the rear of the ship is large, with the engines themselves bearing resemblance to the Avalon. The ship has mostly dark shades of colors (gray, black, etc.), with a neon blue/cyan trim around some of the plating on the ship hull. There is also neon tiling on the ship's bridge which seemingly spans from the front to about the mid-section of the ship. The Turrets the Prototype X-1 are equipped with also have a unique appearance, with the Colossus turrets resembling the appearance of quadruple battleship cannon turret batteries; and also appearing to have coincidence rangefinders.
The Bombardment Cannons have a unique appearance of their own as well with a similar style to the Colossus turrets, but much smaller in size and with only a single barrel. (Note: The Prototype X-1 is no longer equipped with Bombardment Cannons, and now is solely equipped with Colossus turrets.) The interior of the ship is fairly large, having volumetric displays of ships and various other objects, as well as a map (or radar?) of the ship and its surroundings directly located below the bridge to the cockpit in the interior. The cockpit contains a seat behind two screens facing it (the left one having a keyboard mounted to it), and the seat itself has two joysticks on both armrests respectively; along with footrests. The interior also features two holographic flags, bearing the insignias of Vanguard Coalition and White Collar Society respectively.
- Large Cargo Hold.
- Many players will retreat just from seeing this spawned.
- Excellent at Sieging bases from long range.
- Has 110,000 combined HP.
- Large explosion radius of 15,000 studs, which may wipe out ships unfortunate enough to get caught in the blast.
- Has high hull damage output and alpha damage with the unique Turrets and Spinals.
- The Prototype X-1 no longer has any Bombardment Cannons and have been replaced by more Colossus Cannons and Lasers.
- Longer range compared to the Prototype X-2.
- This ship's unique module allows the Prototype X-1 to effectively become the module's namesake, a bastion.
- Mediocre Shield damage output compared to Hull damage output.
- Extremely slow and struggles to turn.
- Inaccurate Colossus Turrets makes fighting any ship that is considerably smaller or faster harder, on top of being unable to completely out-range bases.
- One of the most expensive ships in the game, costing a whopping 23.6 million to get this ship.
- The Weapon Part requires 32500 Uranium and 10 Armored Plating, which WILL take up a level 31 warehouse, not to mention the materials required will force you to have a level 38 warehouse. In addition to the warehouse costs, materials (regarding the most recent release) cost an estimated 3.6 million Credits,
- Spawning one makes you a very high priority target.
- A very large target which means Spinals can hit you easily.
- Can be swarmed by small ships, although the resulting damage can be (somewhat) mitigated by the new Bastion Module.
- While active, the ship's module incurs a huge movement penalty on the ship, and prevents warping, until the module is disabled. To complicate matters, it takes almost as long to disable the module as it takes to enable it, leaving you in a potentially sticky situation if not used wisely.
- Use support ships when in combat.
- NEVER travel alone on this ship.
- Despite the large Cargo Hold for a combat ship, you should not use this ship for trading during War, as an experienced team could still take you down.
- It is recommended to avoid using this ship in public/populated servers if alone or unorganized, or very sparingly, as due to its rarity, expense, and status as a trophy kill. It is a very valuable target, and many will go to great lengths to destroy it.
- To reiterate, this ship is extremely, extremely expensive. Use it wisely, and trust no one. Time and time again, long-lasting friendships have been destroyed by betrayals.
- Received a nerf in version .???.
- Received a slight buff in .60h.
- Received a nerf losing 4 huge Spinals on both Phasers and Cannons.
- Ambient sound removed in .62d2.
- Buffed in version .65b, with a remodel and Specialized Turrets and Spinals.
- Colossus Guns and Bombardment Cannons received a nerf in Speed Denominator, making the deadly armament of Turrets less accurate against fast moving targets.
- Colossus Guns received a damage buff from 1000 to 1250 in .66b
- Added the old X-1 sound back.
- New X-1 Sound added in a recent version.
- Shield buffed from 15,000 to 20,000, Hull buffed from 10,000 to 12,500 in version .66b
- Hull buffed from 12,500 to 14,500 in version .66b
- 6 torpedoes turned into 6 cannons in version .66b
- Turrets and ship were given a new model in version .67c (ambience was also temporarily removed).
- Hull increased from 14500 to 25000, 6 Large Cannons changed to 8 Huge Cannons in version .69a2.
- Hull reduced back to 14500, 50% Damage Resistance restored in version .69a1
- Shields increased from 20000 to 22500 and Hull increased from 14500 to 16000 in version .69f.
- Turret lines of sight fixed, 1 Colossus Cannon replaced with 1 Colossus Laser, gained 2 Huge Cannon spinals, ship size increased, and ambient sound re-added in version .72e1(?)
- Colossus Lasers and Cannons buffed massively: Both turrets up-sized to Huge and had their alpha damage increased to 2000, with a reload of 25 seconds; the configuration of the Colossus turrets on the Prototype X-1 was changed from 4 Colossus Lasers and 1 Colossus Cannon, to 3 Colossus Cannons and 2 Colossus Lasers. The Bombardment Cannons had their turret type changed to Flak, with stats of 60 alpha damage at a reload of 1 second. The [G] spinals were also removed and the [F] spinals are now 6 Huge Cannons; in version .73c(?).
- Top Speed buffed from 45 to 50, and Acceleration buffed from 12 to 30 in version .73c(?).
- Re-added as an incredibly expensive limited build menu super capital in version .73c10; rotated back off this limited menu in version .74b14, with the Prototype X-2 taking its place.
- Shield reduced from 22000 to 19500 in version .73f8
- Taken off-sale permanently along with the Prototype X-2 in version .75a5.
- Put on-sale again along with the Prototype X-2 for 3 days after a third Prototype-class warship was destroyed after they were taken off sale in version .75a5.
- Rebalanced again: Colossus turrets receive a damage nerf from 2,000 to 1,550, size downgraded to Large, and base accuracy buffed; Shield health decreased from 19,500 to 18,000, 6 Huge Cannon spinals decreased to 4 Huge Cannons, turret arrangement adjusted, and an extra Colossus Laser added(2 Colossus Lasers --> 3 Colossus Lasers) in version .75a5.
- Model reverted to bomb_pop's model in version .75a5, due to ap_ek's model being archived.
- Turret weaponry buffed in version .75a5:
- Colossus Laser damage increased from 1550 to 1650, and range increased from 6500 to 7500.
- Colossus Cannon range increased from 6500 to 7500.
- Bombardment Cannon range increased from approximately 4000 to 5000.
- 4 Huge Cannon spinals upgraded to 8 Huge Cannons as well as interval being halved (0.1 --> 0.05) in version .75a23
- Colossus turret models up-scaled in version .75a23.
- HP buffed 18,000/16,500 -> 20,000/16,500 Version .75a25
- Bombardment Cannons removed, and replaced with additional Colossus turrets in an unknown version.
- Range of both Colossus Cannon and Colossus Laser increased from 7500 to 7750 in an unknown version.
- Health adjusted to 60,000/50,000 in an unknown version.
- Given a module in an unknown version.
- Re-added as a quest ship alongside the Prototype X-2 in .77a19.
- The original ship model was put into the game with the old U.N.E flag decal on it. This was a mistake. You can still see this on the retro variant of this ship, the Retro Prototype X-1.
- The previous Prototype X-1 model had arguably the most detailed interior of all the ships in Galaxy.
- This ship has the largest explosion size of any ship in the game (along with the Prototype X-2, Lucifer and Kodiak), at 1500 explosion radius.
- The original Prototype X-1 model looks similar to the Leviathan because its model was modified from the Leviathan.
- Many people have lost this ship to welding and betrayal. This is one ship that you should never trust when with opposing large fleets of people.
- Had custom Torpedo models, in which were removed.
- Appears on the Galaxy Wikia Background
- Hacks allowed this ship to be force-built in version .69f14
- In mid beta, LordZeloxy and Cronotious conducted tests involving the Prototype X-1 and the ""Prototype X-2"" and which ship would come out on top in a battle. One test was purely DPS and the other was an actual battle, however these tests went to Zeloxy's head, and he later lost his ship. Since then, as of 7/31/2021 seehyadued52 and greenninja010 have done an updated battle.
- Was the most expensive ship in the game for a insanely long time, Theia's cost when it was added was 11 million credits, which would be massively reduced to 2 million credits (now 1,128,520), which lead to this ship being the most expensive ship again, Woolly Mammoth would finally end this ship's reign as the most expensive ship after a very long time (mainly due to the crazy high cost of the Class A Permit being 18.5M credits), and then Freedom Galaxy would take that title, this ship would eventually take that title back, and then lose the title to the Prototype X-2.
- Highest health out of all non-NPC ships, excluding Admin Ships. However, the Subjugator has more overall HP if you consider usage of both of its auxiliary shields.
- Its previous model looked very similar to the Klingon Negh'var-class warships from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
DPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfdiBaU_Bj4 Actual Battle (BETA): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htIcKMR3hEY&feature=youtu.be
Actual Battle (GAMMA): https://youtu.be/8Rv13-siMWU
Shortened Results: DPS (BETA): Draw Actual Battle (BETA): Prototype X-1 Wins
Actual Battle (GAMMA): ""Prototype X-2"" Wins
Actual Battle (DELTA): ''''Unknown""
- Prototype X-1 Picture2.png
- Prototype X-1-ap ek-icon.png