The Prototype X-2 is the largest of all Alien ships seen in Galaxy and was formerly acquired by players for 5 million credits, an Alien Device, and a weapon part. (The X-2 was originally priced at 2 million credits). Players had to first find the Kneall Harbor Master to be able to buy this ship.
There is a detailed hallway leading to a glowing sphere (pilot's seat) and a bunch of screens, one of which is the main screen that says "Welcome USER."
- High Turret firepower (plus the total combined dps of 589).
- Rather speedy for a ship of its size.
- Most people will avoid combat with this ship.
- Great against Dreadnoughts, Battleships, or other similarly sized ships.
- Fast firing Turrets, good for stealing kills.
- Very high health.
- Huge cargo hold for it's class.
- Powerful Spinals.
- Has 65% Damage Resistance since it is a Prototype class ship.
- If destroyed, it has a HUGE explosion size of 15,000 studs likely wiping out all who killed it.
- Smaller ships are of almost no worry since they would barely chip away the health of a Super Capital ship such as the Prototypes.
- Not as much health as the Prototype X-1.
- Not as good at Sieging as the Prototype X-1.
- Once destroyed, it becomes unobtainable, FOREVER.
- Large Turrets leave it vulnerable to swarms of small, fast ships like Frigates.
- It was extremely expensive and required an Alien Device and a Weapon Part, which could take very long to grind for.
- Requires good Spinal aiming in order to be used at full power.
- A huge target due to its limited status and the fact that it's destruction will most likely bounty wipe it's pilot.
- In a siege, gather support to fend off smaller ships.
- With the high-accuracy turrets, you can 'snipe' small frigates from a medium distance.
- Use the front of this ship to propel yourself under enemy ships.
- Only use the Subcannon when it has a proper line of sight.
- Received a remodel in an unknown version.
- Shields were buffed by 2,500 in an unknown version.
- Received a massive nerf removing 8 Huge Spinals for both Phasers and Cannons in an unknown version.
- Was temporarily put back on sale in version .65b. You needed 5 million Credits, an Alien Device, and a Weapon Part to get it.
- Received a trail in the first part of the "Mega Update".
- The original occasional screech was added back in .66b.
- Shield buffed from 12,500 to 16,500, Hull buffed from 10,000 to 10,500 in version .66b
- Turrets buffed in version .66b - increased damage and reduced cooldown.
- Shields increased from 17500 to 20000 and Hull increased from 11500 to 13000 in version .69f.
- Received major changes in .72e4
- Kneall Cannons were given two additional barrels
- The Kneall Multilasers were reclassed as size Huge lasers
- The subcannon received the most changes
- Given two additional barrels
- Reclassed as a Huge railgun
- Spinals changed from 5/5 to 7/7 in .72f
- Spinals reverted to 5/5, then back to 7/7 in version .73a3
- Turnspeed decreased from 0.12 to 0.11, acceleration increased from 8 to 10, top speed(?) increased from 29 to 45 in version .73a3
- Turnspeed increased from 0.11 to 0.9, then to 0.1; acceleration increased from 10 to 50, then to 5 in version .73c10
- This ship has the largest explosion size in the game (along with the Prototype X-1, Lucifer and the Kodiak), at 1500 explosion radius.
- There is a mostly un-used NPC version of this ship, the Kneall Prototype.
- Has custom Turrets.
- Has unique sounds for Spinals.
- Old Description: The X-2 Prototype is a warship that requires level 5 security clearance to even view the files on it. Engineered with tech from the Kneall. It's extremely experimental, use at your own peril.
- Players used to receive an additional 500,000 credits for destroying a Prototype X-2.
- This ship had the same amount of Spinals as the Prototype X-1 when it released.
- In the interior, there is a crudely drawn smiley face behind the monitors that sit in front of the pilot's seat.
- There are two of the same messages on both sides of the back of the Prototype X-2 in the Alien script.
- In mid beta, LordZeloxy and Cronotious conducted tests involving the Prototype X-1 and the Prototype X-2 and which ship would come out on top in a battle. One test was purely DPS and the other was an actual battle, however these tests went to Zeloxy's head, and he later lost his ship. Since then, as of 7/31/2021 seehyadued52 and greenninja010 have done an updated battle.
- DPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfdiBaU_Bj4
- Actual Battle (BETA): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htIcKMR3hEY&feature=youtu.be
- Actual Battle (GAMMA): https://youtu.be/8Rv13-siMWU
- Shortened Results:
- DPS (BETA): Draw
- Actual Battle (BETA): Prototype X-1 Wins
- Actual Battle (GAMMA): Prototype X-2 Wins