Retro Advanced Miner
The Retro Advanced Miner is a limited version of the Advanced Miner that uses the first model of the Advanced Miner.
The interior of the ship is a large room which leads to a ladder. This ladder will lead you to the pilot seat, in a small cabin. The cabin's walls are slightly misaligned.
- Mines Quickly with its 4 Retro Mining lasers.
- 5500 Ore hold can earn around 8k Credits each dump.
- At 30% Loyalty you can dump for 15k Credits.
- It's low health make it easy for pirates to kill if wandering outside of base range.
- Part of a previous event and once it is lost its gone for good!
- Requires a pointed-down/pointed-up angle to successfully have all mining turrets active.
- Use it in servers where there are no wars and in private servers, as it is a limited event ship.
- Due to its small minimap icon, when mining at war (which is highly not suggested), you can hide your miner from the minimap by moving close to docked Capital Ships at the Starbase.
- Your fast mining speed will do quick ore clean up in a private server where there is a ton of ores.
- When mining if an alien targets you quickly warp away, aliens can kill you before you fill up your ore hold.
- If a Punisher warps to your Starbase, DO NOT DOCK. Your low health will let it kill you before you even despawn, instead warp 18k away from the Starbase.
- Added in version .66b, along with the retro ships of the retro ships limited event.
- Received a buff in version .66b, when the Retro ship event ended.
- Nerfed in version .66b—Ore Hold reduced from 6250 to 5500, Retro Mining Lasers nerfed.
- Retro Mining Laser ore yield increased in version .68d.
- Ore Hold reduced from 5500 to 5000 in version .70a.
- Hull decreased by 100 HP (1,600 to 1,500) in version .75a10.
- Many people Regretted losing this ship/not buying/selling this ship because of its major buff after the event.
- The second limited remodel of the Advanced Miner.
- It's the only miner to use the Old Mining Laser Sounds.
- Many players were disappointed with this ship a bit of time after the buff of the ship, as the Retro Advanced Miner received a big nerf.
- The miner was originally 80,000 credits or so, soon after being buffed to 300,000 credits, meaning players could profit off of selling this.
- After RC's Turret standardization to stop overpowered ships in the game, this ship is now basically an Advanced Miner but with 5000 ore hold.