The Retro Andromeda is a limited version of the original Andromeda featuring the ship's original model and weapon loadout. Like the current version of the Andromeda, the Retro Andromeda specializes in PvP.
The interior of the Retro Andromeda consists of a sleek but simple corridor to the pilot seat which branches off into two other similar corridors with little glass observation decks at the end.
- Small model making it harder to hit.
- Long range Spinals allow it to attack from a distance.
- Large cargo hold.
- Slow acceleration.
- Lower top speed than its regular counterpart.
- Low HP for an event dread (even if it's better than the non-limited counterpart).
- Lack of turrets leaves it prone to swarms.
- Can only attack targets directly in front of it.
- Spinal DPS of 394 is lower than the total dps of its regular counterpart, which is 474.
- Keep your target in front of you or else you cannot hit them.
- Use the long range of the Huge Spinals to outrange ships with low range such as the Tempest.
- Use it as you would use a Jackal.
- Description changed in .73a3.
- Cannon spinals increased from 7 to 10, Phaser spinals increased from 6 to 7, Cannon spinal Interval reduced to 0, Phaser spinal Interval reduced to 0.1, turn speed increased to 0.21 after the event ended.
- Model resembles a squid.
- Only dreadnought with no turrets.