Retro Commercial Miner
This ship is a limited ship, and could only be acquired for a limited time or it has since become limited.
You lose it forever once it is destroyed, or otherwise has limited availability on the Limited Build Menu.
The Retro Commercial Miner is a Retro Model of the Commercial Miner.
The Retro Commercial Miner is a limited Mining ship with very little interior and a medium ore hold, designed to mine multiple Ores at once with great efficiency. It is a large jump in price from the normal Miners like the M Class. It takes a minimum of approximately 66 seconds to fill up its Ore Hold.
The Retro Commercial Miner has almost no interior. There is just a large glass cockpit with one seat, no detail, and a floor with a metallic texture. The Miner docks with the cockpit facing the terminal.
- 5 Retro Medium Mining Lasers provide a mining rate faster than that of the Orca.
- Decent amount of health.
- Large Ore Hold.
- Can mine multiple Ores at once.
- High speed for its size.
- High survivability because of its speed and decent amount of health.
- Relatively expensive.
- Aliens often target Miners.
- Fairly large for its class and easy to hit.
- Pirates may declare War in order to destroy a more expensive and limited Miner.
- Due to the model and turret placement, some may find it awkward with the angles you may need to use to mine with all turrets at once.
- Check the Minimap every 30 seconds for pirates or other foes.
- Try to mine near your Starbase to decrease the chance of your ship being shot down.
- Never mine in a War.
- Mine in a Private Server if you have access to one.
- Added in version .73a3 as part of the 2021 Retro Ship Event.
- Ore Hold buffed from 2500 to 3250, Turn Speed nerfed from 0.8 to 0.55, Acceleration buffed from 10 to 40 after the Retro Event ended.
- This ship can mine broadside. Most of the Mining Lasers are on the left side of the ship once you sit down.