Retro Commercial Miner
The Retro Commercial Miner is a Retro Model of the Commercial Miner.
The Retro Commercial Miner is a limited Mining ship with very little interior and a medium ore hold, designed to mine multiple Ores at once with great efficiency. It is a large jump in price from the normal Miners like the M Class. It takes a minimum of approximately 66 seconds to fill up its Ore Hold.
The Retro Commercial Miner has almost no interior. There is just a large glass cockpit with one seat, no detail, and a floor with a metallic texture. The Miner docks with the cockpit facing the terminal.
- 5 Retro Medium Mining Lasers provide a mining rate faster than that of the Orca.
- Decent amount of health.
- Large Ore Hold.
- Can mine multiple Ores at once.
- High speed for its size.
- High survivability because of its speed and decent amount of health.
- Relatively expensive.
- Aliens often target Miners.
- Fairly large for its class and easy to hit.
- Pirates may declare War in order to destroy a more expensive and limited Miner.
- Due to the model and turret placement, some may find it awkward with the angles you may need to use to mine with all turrets at once.
- Check the Minimap every 30 seconds for pirates or other foes.
- Try to mine near your Starbase to decrease the chance of your ship being shot down.
- Never mine in a War.
- Mine in a Private Server if you have access to one.
- Added in version .73a3 as part of the 2021 Retro Ship Event.
- Ore Hold buffed from 2500 to 3250, Turn Speed nerfed from 0.8 to 0.55, Acceleration buffed from 10 to 40 after the Retro Event ended.
- This ship can mine broadside. Most of the Mining Lasers are on the left side of the ship once you sit down.