The Retro Gideon uses the original model of the Gideon, with its 4 prominent blade-like protrusions on the front and back and the central bracing down the front end of the ship. It is more powerful and more well-armored than the current Gideon, and was a limited ship that was part of the 2019 Retro Ships event.
The interior of the Retro Gideon is practically the same as the current Gideon. You enter from a side door that leads to the pilot seat. Behind the pilot seat, there is another room that has a couch behind what seems to be a television screen.
- Very high Health for a Cruiser, surpassing even multiple Battlecruisers.
- Good maneuverability.
- Very high turret-based firepower.
- All turrets are on top, which makes it quite easy to manage the line of sight.
- Great AA capabilities.
- Extremely expensive for a ship of its class.
- Vulnerable underside.
- Weak against pest control ships.
- Be careful while using it, as it is a limited event ship.
- Try to stay below your target since all of its weapons are on top.
- Use its agility to exploit larger ships' blindspots.
- All the turrets are on top, so if the line of sight is blocked, you can rotate the ship to make sure they all hit.
- Received a buff in .66b shortly after the event ended.
- Gained 3 Retro Small Lasers and 2 Retro Light Flak Cannons in version .73a3.
- Lost 1 Retro Light Flak Cannon and gained 1 Retro Small Laser (unknown verson).
- Was one of the Event ships that was put back on sale for the Black Friday 2019 sale.