This ship is unobtainable and can only be used by NPCs.
Removed from Game
This content used to be in the game but has since been removed or disabled.
The Scowling is an AI Battlecruiser class ship based on the Nidhogg.
It has a brighter brown-gold color scheme, as opposed to the dark brown coloring of the player-owned Nidhogg. This ship also has more health and firepower than the Nidhogg, likely resulting in its Battlecruiser classification rather than inheriting the Nidhogg's Cruiser classification.
The Scowling has a weaker counterpart in the Jormungand, which now spawns in place of(?) the Scowling, meaning this ship is effectively removed from the game(?).
This ship does not have an interior
- Strong Hull damage.
- Above average shield damage.
- Weak shields for a Battlecruiser
- Susceptible to shield tanks due to its reliance on Spinals for Shield damage.
- Use a ship with powerful and accurate Hull-breaking turrets to defeat this ship as it is small and has little shields
- Removed from build menu on June 2nd, 2021 (version .72e1)
- Originally called Hijacked Nidhogg. Was renamed when re-added to game as an NPC ship to prevent people who bought it from being able to use it.
- Spinal count doubled from 1 set of 5 Medium Phasers to two sets in version .72e1.
- Credit yield increased to 10,000 credits in version .72e1.
- Spinal count reduced back to 1 set of 5 Medium Phasers in version .72e1.
- Loadout changed from 3 Dual Medium Cannons to 1 Dual Medium Cannon and 2 Medium Flak Cannons, spinals changed from 1 set of 5 Medium Phasers to 2 sets of 2 Medium Phasers in version .72e1.
- Cannot be spawned in and will show up red in your ship inventory.
- This ship was accidentally released to the on build menu on June 2nd, 2021.
- The ship was worth approximately 12,000-16,394 Credits during this time.
- Every arcade and regular server was restarted to ensure people could not continue purchasing it.
- Destroying one yields approx. 7k credits in combat rewards.