It has a brighter brown-gold color scheme, as opposed to the dark brown coloring of the player-owned Nidhogg. This ship also has more health and firepower than the Nidhogg, likely resulting in its Battlecruiser classification rather than inheriting the Nidhogg's Cruiser classification.
The Scowling has a weaker counterpart in the Jormungand, which now spawns in place of(?) the Scowling, meaning this ship is effectively removed from the game(?).
This ship does not have an interior
- Strong Hull damage.
- Above average shield damage.
- Weak shields for a Battlecruiser
- Susceptible to shield tanks due to its reliance on Spinals for Shield damage.
- Use a ship with powerful and accurate Hull-breaking turrets to defeat this ship as it is small and has little shields
- Removed from build menu on June 2nd, 2021 (version .72e1)
- Originally called Hijacked Nidhogg. Was renamed when re-added to game as an NPC ship to prevent people who bought it from being able to use it.
- Spinal count doubled from 1 set of 5 Medium Phasers to two sets in version .72e1.
- Credit yield increased to 10,000 credits in version .72e1.
- Spinal count reduced back to 1 set of 5 Medium Phasers in version .72e1.
- Loadout changed from 3 Dual Medium Cannons to 1 Dual Medium Cannon and 2 Medium Flak Cannons, spinals changed from 1 set of 5 Medium Phasers to 2 sets of 2 Medium Phasers in version .72e1.
- Cannot be spawned in and will show up red in your ship inventory.
- This ship was accidentally released to the on build menu on June 2nd, 2021.
- The ship was worth approximately 12,000-16,394 Credits during this time.
- Every arcade and regular server was restarted to ensure people could not continue purchasing it.
- Destroying one yields approx. 7k credits in combat rewards.