This ship is a limited ship, and could only be acquired for a limited time or it has since become limited.
You lose it forever once it is destroyed, or otherwise has limited availability on the Limited Build Menu.
The Snowball is a strange-looking quest Freighter released during the Christmas Event 2019.
The Snowball is a giant floating snowball ship released for 3 days on the 25th of December as part of the Christmas 2019 Event.
The interior of the Snowball is practically non-existent. It is comprised of see-through walls, and a text box containing the following message: "Merry Christmas, Shadiris!"
- Large cargo hold.
- Good vulture ship.
- Small icon on minimap, making it harder to notice.
- Extremely hard to hit.
- Extremely cheap for a ship that is tanky, fast, and high cargo hold.
- Limited - you can't get it back if it's destroyed.
- Don't use this ship during conflict or in a public server where it is at risk of being destroyed; treat it like a trophy, as it can never be obtained again if lost.
- Cargo Hold reduced from 2935 to 2500 in an unknown version.
- Released at 6:30 EST Christmas morning.
- The first person to lose this was Preauri, who was killed by spacefighterboss in a Retro Grievion.
- The ship was obtained by a two-part quest: First, players accept a quest from the Mega Base pedestal. Then, they need to find Sean in his cabin as the second vendor that actually gives players the ship.
- The original Cargo Hold of the Snowball was a reference to SCP-2935.
- Has similar stats to the Discordite Cluster.
- Many players initially lost it due to a scam that the ship could be sold for money, and claimed from the quest multiple times.
Of course it has low health, it's made of snow!