The Templar is a cheap, turret-focused defense Cruiser.
The Templar is a Cruiser introduced in the 2nd part of the Mega Update with powerful anti-sub-cruiser capabilities. It is shaped roughly like a wedge and has similar styling to the Apocalypse. Its armament is composed entirely of turrets, unlike most other Cruisers.
The Templar has no interior. An invisible teleporter puts the player into a small box inside with a black square that acts as the pilot's seat.
- Cheap for its armament.
- Powerful against smaller Ships like Fighters or Frigates.
- Somewhat low shield health.
- No Spinals.
- Several blind spots.
- Use this ship in a siege to ward off Frigates, Destroyers, or Fighters when you don't have enough loyalty for more powerful options.
- Stay below enemy Ships to maximize turret line-of-sight.
- Received a remodel in version .67c
- Team colors fixed in version .68e.
- Hull reduced from 1500 to 1200 and Top Speed reduced from 120 to 110 in version .69f.
- 1 Light Gatling Cannon removed and 2 Light Gatling Cannons moved underneath the ship in version .70a.
- This ship has the most amount of turrets for a Cruiser.