This page contains incomplete images. If anyone can update the page with images from the front, sides, and back, please do so. Once the images have been corrected, this notice can be removed.
The Tengu is a Spinal focused Battlecruiser.
The Tengu is a Battlecruiser that can deal tremendous damage whilst also being able to tank damage fairly well with its large health pool.
The interior consists of a single corridor with several detailed display screens, ending in a pilot seat at the front positioned in front of a display screen. The ships docks from the rear to a single open door. Its exterior consists of several black, patterned plates, two large spinal launchers, and four engines. Its front end curves around in a manner reminiscent of past models of the Apocalypse.
- Great Acceleration.
- Decent Cargo Hold.
- Spinals can all shoot at the same time, creating a high damage output if they hit.
- Relatively large health pool, enough to last a little while against a Punisher.
- More Turret firepower than the Razor Wing.
- The second slowest Battlecruiser to date.
- Vulnerable from most angles besides the front.
- Always try to aim for where the enemy ship is going.
- Don't buy this ship if you're not good with Spinal weaponry.
- Received a remodel in .61h(?)
- Remodel reverted in .64c
- Remodeled in version .66b
- Temporarily disabled in version Unknown
- Before the Tengu had its Torpedoes removed, it was one of the only two ships in the game that could fire multiple Torpedoes at once, the other being the Avalon.
- The old Tengu model was based on the Tengu from EVE online.
- It used to have 2 Small Torpedoes and 4 Small Phasers, essentially making it an oversized Starblade.
- This ship was previously disabled and was "awaiting reductions." It was in this state for quite possibly the longest time of any ship in Galaxy.
- Name is from a legendary creature in Japanese Folk Religion. They are supernatural, and take the form of a bird-man.