The Tengu is a Battlecruiser that can deal tremendous damage whilst also being able to tank damage fairly well with its large health pool.
The interior consists of a single corridor with several detailed display screens, ending in a pilot seat at the front positioned in front of a display screen. The ships docks from the rear to a single open door. Its exterior consists of several black, patterned plates, two large spinal launchers, and four engines. Its front end curves around in a manner reminiscent of past models of the Apocalypse.
- Great Acceleration.
- Decent Cargo Hold.
- Spinals can all shoot at the same time, creating a high damage output if they hit.
- Relatively large health pool, enough to last a little while against a Punisher.
- More Turret firepower than the Razor Wing.
- The second slowest Battlecruiser to date.
- Vulnerable from most angles besides the front.
- Always try to aim for where the enemy ship is going.
- Don't buy this ship if you're not good with Spinal weaponry.
- Received a remodel in .61h(?)
- Remodel reverted in .64c
- Remodeled in version .66b
- Temporarily disabled in version Unknown
- Before the Tengu had its Torpedoes removed, it was one of the only two ships in the game that could fire multiple Torpedoes at once, the other being the Avalon.
- The old Tengu model was based on the Tengu from EVE online.
- It used to have 2 Small Torpedoes and 4 Small Phasers, essentially making it an oversized Starblade.
- This ship was previously disabled and was "awaiting reductions." It was in this state for quite possibly the longest time of any ship in Galaxy.
- Name is from a legendary creature in Japanese Folk Religion. They are supernatural, and take the form of a bird-man.