The Theia is a PVP-oriented Super Capital Ship.
The interior of the Theia is a rather small but detailed room. When you first enter, it has two Computers that lead to the pilot's seat. It has the same color scheme as other ships by Event Horizon Shipyards such as the Osiris, but the interior is not as detailed.
- Fast for a Super Capital Ship, even faster than most Dreadnoughts.
- Doesn't have many blind spots.
- Nearly double the spinal DPS of the Oblivion, with almost equal turret DPS.
- Spinal damage output is insane, making up almost half of the Theia's DPS.
- Excellent overall DPS.
- Spinals are packed close together, making them easier to land.
- Decent maneuverability for a Super Capital Ship.
- It has 2 Super Point Defense Lasers giving it slight defense against smaller and more agile ships.
- Lowest total health out of all Super Capital Ships.
- Can be difficult to use solo due to the low health for a Super Capital.
- Difficult to obtain or reobtain due to extremely expensive cost of SC permits, making it cost from 6~9 million credits.
- A good portion of its DPS relies on Spinal aiming, which can be difficult because of the low maneuverability.
- Use the ship while solo only if you are confident that you won't die. Always have a fleet with you.
- When fighting, stay pointed exactly in line with other Super Capital Ships in fights.
- Use the high firepower on this ship to dive and chase down vulnerable or isolated Capital Ships.
- Know when to warp away, judging by the DPS of the other ships targeting you.
- Added in .66b
- Price heavily reduced from 11 million to 2 million in .66b
- Due to meshing issues in .67c, this ship was partly invisible.
- Received a remodel in version .67f.
- 3 Large Phasers removed in version .69e.
- Shields/Hull reduced from 11500/10000 to 9000/9000, turn speed increased from 0.1 to 0.13, top speed increased from 50 to 53, cargo hold reduced from 2500 to 2350, turret loadout changed to 1 Huge Quad Laser, 2 Huge Triple Cannons, 1 Huge Triple Laser, 2 Capital Triple Lasers, 2 Capital Triple Cannons, spinals changed to 6/6 Huge Phasers/Cannons, description changed and re-released to the build menu in version .72c12, now requiring one "SC Build Permit" and regular materials to create.
- Shields/Hull increased from 9000/9000 each to 10000/10000 in version .73d7.
- Taken offsale along with the rest of the Super Capitals in version .75a5 to reduce permit prices.
- Shields/Hull reduced to 9500/9500 in version .75a.
- Theia is also the name of the Greek goddess Theia.
- The first person to lose this ship was someguy3333333333 to HydroRider's Prototype X-2
- The original model appeared to have Super Capital Turrets on each side, which were actually spinal barrels.
- Had a random ~120 DPS nerf for a week or so in version .75a before returning to normal.
- Previous images of the meshing issues are shown below:
- The ship's description was formerly "The Sister ship of the Hyperion, due to the Hyperion lacking in close range combat the OSY developed its counterpart for close ranged combat. Unmatched firepower amongst its class.", before it was changed upon release of the ship to the build menu in version .72c12.