The Typhoon is a fast fighter-class ship that is carried aboard the Stormbringer.
The Typhoon is a dedicated shield breaker that also has some cannons available on the side, much like its parent ship. It is also designed to be the polar opposite of the Blitz, a fighter carried aboard the Borealis, a carrier which is (not coincidentally) the opposite of the Stormbringer.
The Typhoon's appearance is similarly styled to that of its parent ship, sporting a mostly greyscale colour scheme with neon orange accents. As with many smaller ships in the game, it bears a resemblance to a real-life plane, specifically a fighter jet. There is not much in the way of an interior. A simplistic seat inside a pass-through cockpit windshield on the stern of the ship.
- Capable of dealing both hull and shield damage, due to it having both cannons and phasers, however it boasts far more phasers than cannons.
- Low spinal cooldown.
- Very high firepower.
- 6 of these fighters are carried on each Stormbringer, providing capacity for fighter swarms.
- No turrets.
- Purely spinal-based weaponry requires good aim to deal any damage at all.
- Below average health which allows them to be swept aside quicker.
- The Typhoon replaced the Wrath upon its addition in the 3rd remodel of the Stormbringer, the Wrath belonging to the 2nd.
- A storm becomes a Typhoon if it becomes powerful enough, which explains the name of the fighter.
- Added in version (?), replacing the Wrath as the Stormbringer's unique fighter following the latter's 3rd remodel.
- Health increased (250/250 -> 300/300) .75a12