The Wasp is a Miner-class ship and is one of the starter ships for Galaxy.
The Wasp is a free Miner-class ship, which is automatically given to all new players in Galaxy upon first joining the game. If destroyed it must be rebuilt in the ship build menu under the Miner tab. Compared to other Miners, it is lacking in terms of mining speed and ore hold, and has a small mining range of 4500 studs. The Wasp is also used for distracting base Turrets because it has a high top speed and players are not afraid to lose it. Wasps cost nothing and can be rebuilt immediately upon destruction, meaning players will always have a new one in their inventory.
The Wasp is a strangely designed "ship" featuring a pair of headlights, a grille resembling that of a combustion engine car in front of a small generator, a seat for the pilot, and two tiny thrusters on the back for propulsion. As we appreciate your health and well being, we made the pilot's seat and your only source of power preventing you from drifting into the void completely open to space.
- Fairly fast and very small, making it hard to hit and somewhat useful for distracting heavier turrets.
- Always free to build.
- Slowest mining speed of any obtainable Miner class ship, along with the shortest range.
- Lowest health pool in the class.
- Tiny Ore Hold of 250.
- Often targeted by Aliens, like many other Miners.
- Very small explosion value of 3.
- If you have a level 1 warehouse, you do not have to worry about safety or losing your ship (to non AI) due to New Player Immunity.
- Try mining in a peaceful Faction or the U.N.E. faction to reduce your risk of being killed by other players.
- Stay close to friendly combat ships when possible, as they can serve as help and protect you from enemies. This is less reliable than with other mining ships, however, since most people won’t care to protect a free ship.
- If you are mining in a faction that is at War (which is not recommended), try staying close to your Starbase, so you can dock as fast as possible.
- Don't mine at the Mega Base if you are at War and you aren't protected. (Unless you have new player protection).
- This ship is free, so you can take any risks, just remember that if you are destroyed, you lose all the ore in your ore hold.
- Due to the ship being small and fast, the ship can be used to scout enemy fleets for wars. The ship is also good for this task because there is no risk if you lose the ship as it's free, meaning you can easily spam this ship as a distraction.
- You can distract player ships with this. Despite Wasps being free and worthless to destroy, many people will decide to shoot them for fun, which means they aren’t shooting something valuable.
- Received a remodel in version .56b.
- Warp Drive added in version .61h1?.
- Received a trail and a remodel in version .66b.
- Along with the Wyrm, it is automatically given to any new player.
- Commonly used to attempt to glitch ships such as Battleships and Dreadnoughts. This is bannable as stated in the Galaxy Rules.
- Occasionally used to block the Spinals of larger ships during sieges, due to its status as a free ship allowing it to be destroyed at no cost, though is fairly hard.
- Smallest Miner currently in Galaxy.
- Brings in about 312 Credits without any Loyalty per run, but can earn up to 562 Credits.
- This ship has eight limited variants, in the form of the Coal Wasp, the Festive Wasp, the Prototype X-3, the Blue Torp Wasp, the Patriotic Wasp, the 3D Printed Wasp, the Waspinator, and finally the Wasp?
- It is used in the mining tutorial of the game.
- The Wasp was originally called a Mining Frigate in Pre-Alpha.
- One of only two free and continuously available ships in the game, the other being the Wyrm.
- Lowest health out of all non-limited ships, excluding Fighters.
- The Wasp has been made into a meme in the Galaxy community as "The best ship" because of how low levelled it is.
- Technically it is the best ship, due to the fact that it’s free but can deal damage. You can infinitely damage people with wasps. However, this isn’t correct normally, because it has extremely low DPS and health, so Wasp spamming is very impractical for destroying anything.
- The Wasp can get into the Mega Base, through the docks by fitting through. This is the same with other smaller ships.
- Had a unique reskin for the Easter event 2022 along with the Wyrm.