The Worm is a Wyrm-sized Frigate with two Spinals and a Light Cannon, as well as a Wyrm-sized Cargo Hold. Its in-game description explains that it was specially designed for smugglers, Pirates, and scavengers.
The Worm has a small cockpit similar on the outside to the Wyrm. The pilot's seat is always the color of the player's faction. In front of this seat are a red screen and two joystick-like controls, similar to the layout of the Archangel.
- High top speed.
- Has both a Cannon and Phaser, making it balanced in terms of Spinal firepower.
- The highest Cargo Hold of any build menu Frigate.
- One of the cheapest Frigates.
- Has higher Shields than the Wyrm, and a total of 10 more health points overall.
- Good for hunting down stray aliens and taking the loot to sell at the Mega Base
- Low health.
- Spinals deal little damage.
- It has less hull health than the Wyrm.
- Its Turret won't do much damage at all, even if a ship is on Hull.
- Unlike the Wyrm, it cannot see wrecks from far away.
- Vulnerable underside.
- Terrible acceleration, being three times slower than the giant E Class.
- Never target ships such as the Ampharos, since they can destroy you easily.
- Use the Worm like a Wyrm but with a little bit of defense.
- Fly in groups to maximize firepower.
- When attacking Miners, you don't have to worry about losing your ship because of how cheap it is.
- Use this ship for Pirating.
- Don't forget that if you shoot another ship before docking at Mega Base, you will be in hostile mode.
- Received a remodel in .65b
- Cargo Hold nerfed from 250 to 100 in an unknown version.