The Zeus is designed to destroy the Shields of large Ships and Starbases, it can prove a nightmare for other Battleships and Dreadnoughts. It is also a prominent tank, having a very strong Shield, but has proved to be an inefficient PvP vessel, as it is unable to finish off most of its opponents due to the lack of Kinetic armament.
The interior is just a very cramped box with a carpet square for a seat.
- Entirely Laser-based arsenal eats Shields faster than most non-limited Dreadnoughts.
- Excellent Shield tank of itself.
- Overall high health.
- More accurate weapons than most Dreadnoughts
- Is faster and does more damage than Sagittarius at the cost of long-range weaponry.
- Great against Aliens due to the high shield DPS.
- No easily exploitable blindspots.
- Really thin.
- Highest turret-based shield DPS of any build menu dreadnought at 344.
- No Kinetic weapons means that it has no efficient way to break Hull.
- Vulnerable bottom.
- Practically countered by itself and similar Shield breakers.
- Must point directly at a target for all Turrets to fire.
- Low Hull health.
- Lacks long-range Turrets.
- This is a good ship to use for Shield shredding while sieging or camping at the Mega Base, since it can absorb a lot more damage than other Shield breakers.
- It's also a good siege support as its Heavy Lasers would bring down the base Shield while 2 Heavy Point Defense Lasers give it a good defense against incoming hostiles.
- When against the Zeus, approach the ship from the bottom at full speed so that the Turrets will have a hard time hitting you.
- Don't use this ship as a frontline tank as its Shields will quickly be drained by the Heavy Lasers from the Starbase.
- This ship can be pretty good at scaring off bigger ships. Removing their Shields at a fast rate can force them to warp away, fearing for a possible dive if hulled.
- Don't tank during sieges, Starbases mainly have lasers.
- Be the first one to attack, if you arrive later targets might be hulled and you won't be very useful.
- Know which ships are shield tanks when deciding which to attack. Ships with mainly shield health will often stand no chance against you.
- Since it can't do much hull damage, the Zeus is better suited for defense, as it can scare off attackers by quickly removing their shields and leaving them vulnerable.
- Nerfed in .58b, removed a Heavy Laser and a Light Flak Cannon in exchange for a Medium Laser.
- Buffed in .58c, Shield was boosted by 2000.
- Buffed in .61e4, Shield and Hull were boosted.
- Buffed in .63h, Medium Laser switched to a Heavy Laser, and pre existing Heavy Lasers switched to Triple Heavy Lasers.
- Medium Lasers replaced with Dual Medium Lasers and Shield increased to 8750 in .65b.
- 2 Medium Lasers replaced with Point Defence Lasers and Triple Heavy Lasers together with Heavy Laser replaced with Rapid Fire Lasers in .66b
- Turnspeed increased from 0.06 to 0.08 in version .66b
- Received a remodel in version .66n.
- 3 Triple Heavy Lasers switched out with 2 Triple Capital Turrets and a Heavy Point Defense Laser in version .68e.
- Turnspeed increased from 0.1 to 0.12, Speed increased from 45 to 55, Acceleration increased from 5 to 25, 2 Triple Capital Lasers and 1 Triple Heavy Laser switched out for 5 SR PDLs, one Heavy Point Defence Laser added in version .74b14
- Explosion Size 170 ----> 670 .75a12
- The Turret placements were updated on 10/19/2016.
- Received several remodels.
- Named after the Greek God Zeus.
- Has a limited counterpart, the Jupiter
- Extremely rare to see as very few players have the ship, much less use it, due to its poor weapon configuration.
- As of version .74b14, Zeus has more DPS than Jupiter, its limited counterpart.