The Zhen has a naturally flat design, which gives it a huge edge in dog-fighting. Its four Turrets are Advanced AutoLasers and AutoCannons, which help tremendously when it comes to fighting smaller ships.
This ship excels at being an agile PvP Ship with multi-role capabilities due to it's speed, and variety of weapons.
Most weapons will have more difficulty hitting the Zhen. It comes equipped with powerful Spinals, carrying four Small Torpedoes and two Large Phasers that are capable of massive damage if you can hit the ship you are attacking.
The Zhen has a long and extremely thin profile, with detailing and shape extremely similar to that of Nightmare. The ship mainly features a cyber-futuristic appearance; An extremely large spinal barrel spanning half of the ship, 4 Long-angled engines on the back just like its little brother Nightmare. On the middle can be found the cockpit with 2 turrets beside it.
The Cockpit of the Zhen is a closed cockpit with 4 screens and a control panel, just like its little brother Nightmare.
- By far the fastest and most agile Battlecruiser, able to out-speed some Frigates.
- The flat design makes it difficult to hit, allowing it to engage ships near Starbases.
- High Spinal damage.
- Shreds both small and big ships.
- Great at hunting Aliens and Miners, thanks to its firepower and large cargo hold.
- Extremely effective in swarms, a swarm of even just 3-4 can output DPS rivaling the Prototypes, and can’t be destroyed without powerful ships with precision weapons.
- The Small Torpedoes have a good range of 6000 studs, allowing engagement at a long range.
- Surprisingly versatile, being able to participate in long range sieges with the torpedoes while still effectively being able to dogfight with a variety of ships.
- Amazing against ships without turrets.
- Vulnerable to shieldbreakers, especially ones with accurate turrets, as the Zhen does not have much hull compared to its shields.
- The most expensive Battlecruiser, coming in at a ridiculous 200,000 Credits, along with items like Plasma Batteries and Armored Plating.
- Damage per second is reduced drastically if the pilot is not skilled with Spinals.
- Unbalanced Shield and Hull Health.
- Its status as an Advanced Ship makes it temporarily unobtainable from week to week.
- This ship should be used primarily for pirating large Miners and Freighters since it can easily chase them down and score multiple Torpedo hits.
- In team fight situations, use this ship for sneaking into blind spots of bigger ships for easy damage.
- Turn your Zhen 90 Degrees from its axis then Drift, but with Z and C, this makes it much more harder for enemies to hit you.
- The Zhen's flat design will typically let you dodge most of the time, but beware of small turrets.
- Avoid ships with highly accurate turrets (e.g. Ampharos or Mjolnheimr) as they will easily shred you.
- Use the high firepower on this ship to Dive and chase down vulnerable or isolated Capital Ships.
- Also avoid ships that are effective in shredding shields, like the Zeus, as they will melt through your health quickly.
- Use this in swarms to take down larger ships.
- The Zhen is very good at fighting siege fleets made up of primarily Dreadnoughts, as its high speed will allow it to dodge almost anything that is thrown at it. However, you still need to be extremely cautious, as Dreadnoughts can quickly destroy you if their turrets hit.
- Primarily use this for pirating defenseless ships. Camp Mega Base and easily destroy underwarping or overwarping freighters, and use torpedoes on them while they are docking.
- Beware of any explosions from ships you destroy; Your terrible health will lead to a quick destruction if you don’t pay attention.
- Immediately retreat from heavily armed ships that exit warp very close to you, if they hit you even a few times you may be destroyed.
- Know when to retreat, this ship is very costly for its class and isn’t worth losing.
- Price buffed soon after its release.
- Price reduced, and weapons nerfed the day after it was released.
- The Zhen’s 2 Medium Torpedoes were nerfed into 2 Small Torpedoes in an unknown version.
- In .65a5, the Zhen had it's Dual Gatlings changed to Advanced AutoLasers and Advanced AutoCannons.
- Turn Speed reduced from 0.75 to 0.7, Torpedo firing interval increased to 0.3s, Max Hull reduced to 1200 from 1000, Phaser barrel interval increased to 0.3 in .65b
- Disabled along with all other Advanced Ships (previously identified as Artifact Ships) in version .65a.
- Re-enabled in version .65b, but cost increased dramatically to 250,000 Credits. Also, it is no longer a VIP-only ship.
- Remodeled in version .65b.
- Buffed and recolored in version .66b—Shield/Hull increased from 950/1000 to 1150/1050, Top Speed increased from 200 to 250, and Medium Phaser interval reduced from 0.2s to 0.01s.
- Made available with every other advanced ship (except Osiris) for a month in version .69e.
- Shields increased from 1150 to 1250, 1 Advanced Medium AutoLaser and 1 Advanced Medium AutoCannon added in version .69e.
- Price increased to 400k in version .69e.
- Small Torpedoes up-scaled to Medium Torpedoes in an unknown version.
- Put back on sale in an unknown version.
- Gained 750 shield and one Medium Phaser, as well as having its phasers multi-gunned, however lost 250 hull in an unknown version.
- Remodeled and rebalanced in version .75a23:
- 2 Medium Torpedoes changed to 4 Small Torpedo's and interval increased from 0 to 0.25.
- Custom drift added, 80% value.
- Used to be the only Battlecruiser with multiple Torpedoes.
- The Zhen is based on the Zhen from Star Conflict Heroes.
- The ship has no Faction coloring.
- Most expensive Battlecruiser in the game.
- On the floor of the old Zhen, there is a picture of Sans from the game Undertale.
- The 2nd model of Zhen's trails look like Halley's Comet
- Looks almost identical to the Nightmare, another advanced ship; except that the secondary colors are yellow and the ship is larger.
- Previously, when attempting to say "Zhen" in game chat, the word would be censored by Roblox's chat filter. This led to it being called "Zen" instead until the chat filter's censorship was relaxed by Roblox.