Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Scimitar is a Destroyer Class ship commonly used as an interceptor against large targets.
The interior of the Scimitar consists of two small, glass-covered areas with lightly decorated seats, the further forward one being the pilot's seat.
- Highly maneuverable.
- Hard to hit due to its speed and size.
- Great for distracting bases and doing considerable damage to the base on its own.
- Both thermal and kinetic weaponry allows high damage to both shield and hull.
- Requires good Spinal aim to be effective in PvP.
- A somewhat low amount of total health, with more shields than hull.
- Can distract base Turrets fairly well with its speed and size.
- Great for hit and run.
- Since it is among the fastest ships in the game, it can be used as a shuttle.
- Great for wearing down larger ships if you can stay in their blind spot.
- Very effective in swarms, as the speed and shape of the ship make it hard to destroy.
- If used in a swarm it is possible to siege star bases using its speed and maneuverability.
- One of the ships utilized in the notorious infern spinal TP, despawn if you see this happening.
- Its description received a minor rewrite between versions .46 and .48.
- Max speed increased to 230 from 210 in .65b
- 4 Small Phasers changed to 2 Medium Phasers, Top Speed reduced from 230 to 185 in version .69a2.
- Received a remodel in version .75a5.
- The ship features six cannon barrels but only fires two.
- The Scimitar closely resembles some ships in the Galaxy on Fire game series.
- Niari and Berger are weapons companies from Galaxy on Fire.
- For a time after its remodel in .65b, it used to have only cannon spinals, shooting 2 and 4 for each spinal keybind. This was quickly fixed to shoot 2 cannons and 4 phasers.
- Resembles the Guillotine.
- Based on the star trek scimitar