The Banshee is a well armed, spinal based cruiser. The entirety of the ship is based around the orb in the center that contains the pilots seat. The Banshee is played almost the same way as the Spectre - as a fast, shield-breaking chaser.
The Banshee's interior is the large glass orb near the back of the ship where the engine is projecting a neon green trail.
- Smaller than the Spectre.
- Has good Spinal damage, both to shields and hull.
- Can be useful as a Heavy Siege Fighter, meaning more health than the average fighter.
- Requires good aim to use the Spinals.
- No Turrets.
- Can be outmaneuvered if the pilot is not skilled enough.
- Maneuverability is slightly below average for its class.
- Lower health for its class.
- Use this ship in swarms of 4-5.
- Use this ship against bigger ships that lack the weaponry to target smaller ships.
- Like the Spectre, it's best use is as a chaser. (Hunting down stray Miners and Freighters)
- The Banshee seems like a go-to ship for diving on hulled targets. Your spinal firepower could be enough to finish them off given your additional small size.
- Added in .64f
- Nerfed in .65a, having its top speed reduced to 140 from 160 and having it's turn speed reduced to 0.18 from 0.5, as well as spinal down-sizing.
- Turn-speed buffed from 0.29 to 0.4 in version .66b.
- 8 Small Phasers upclassed to 8 Tiny Phasers in version .75a5.
- 1 of 2 cruisers which don't have turrets. The latter being the Vengeance.
- 2nd ship to be of alien origin.
- One of the few ships not to have any team color.
- Used a particle effect created by FangABXY to create its unique engine particles.
- The Vengeance is better than this with 3 more small cannons and 40 more speed, however, it is about two times more expensive and has less health.
- The Banshee has a limited time counterpart, the Dullahan, which is a battlecruiser instead.