The Catalyst is a large Support-PvP Dreadnought.
The Catalyst is a Dreadnought that is mostly light grey in colour, with some black and neon blue spots here and there. It is a powerful Support ship, as well as a decent PvP ship. It carries a roughly rectangular array of thrusters in the rear and tapers out to a point in the front, with the ship gradually stepping down in thickness. The turret array reflects this pattern, with the larger capital turrets being set back along the sides of the ship and the medium cannons being lined up along the front and top.
The interior for the Catalyst is a large white room with red lining. The pilot seat is in the middle of this room, along with three white screens.
- Good health pool, Judgement and Lazarus are the only non-limited dreadnought with higher total health than this.
- Slightly above average maneuverability for a Dreadnought.
- Can do okay damage to both Shields and Hull at a close range.
- Can do decently in PvP against many Battleships.
- Can do decent Shield damage at a long range.
- No Spinals.
- Overall rather mediocre DPS, worse than several build menu Battleships.
- Heavy Turrets have poor accuracy, making this ship easy prey for swarms of smaller, faster Ships.
- 8th most expensive Dreadnought on the build menu.
- Struggles to PvP most Dreadnoughts, even most Siege Ships of the same class outperform the Catalyst.
- Will often struggle to PvP Battleships alone due to the slow turn speed.
- Try to stay under your opponent so all Turrets have a line of sight.
- Can do long-range support in a siege thanks to its Heavy LR Laser and Medium Railgun, but it is not recommended to try to do long-range sieging as you will do abysmal damage without your closer range turrets.
- Don't attempt to fight maneuverable or agile ships(including many Battleships) without support, as they can easily get and stay in your blind-spots due to the poor turn speed and size of the ship.
- Shield/Hull changed from 5750/6750 to 6580/6520, armament buffed, remodelled in version .66b.
- Shield changed from 6580 to 6540 and its total cost dropped from 202k to 163k in version .66c.
- 2 Capital Triple Cannons changed to 2 Triple Heavy Lasers and 1 Triple Heavy Cannon changed to 1 Medium Railgun in version .69a1.
- 2 Capital Lasers changed to 2 Capital Triple Cannons, 2 Triple Heavy Lasers changed to 2 Dual Medium Lasers and 1 Triple Heavy Cannon changed to 1 Dual Medium Cannon in version .69a1.
- Shield increased from 6540 to 7000 in version .70a8.
- This ship was heavily used by multiboxer Supreme4Ever because of the extreme ease of use and health.
- The original model was similar to the Hiigaran Destroyer from Homeworld.