The Raven is a beginner's Frigate and the cheapest combat ship currently available.
The Raven is a fast and maneuverable Frigate that can distract and out-maneuver larger ships, getting into their blind spots. Its major weakness is its low durability, preventing it from fighting alone for extended periods of time.
The Raven has a detailed pilot's seat with cushions the color of the player's faction. In front of the seat is a control wheel and a radar/display screen. The right side of the cockpit also has a few buttons and a decal left by the creator.
- Decent Spinal DPS.
- A solid ship for beginners.
- Fantastic for scouting due to its small size, disposable cost and basic functionality.
- Sometimes under-estimated by new players using larger ships, possibly ending with a quick comeuppance for the overconfident.
- Low amount of health.
- Hard to aim Spinals, unless you're fighting slow or large targets.
- Low damage output.
- Despite the Raven's description saying it's a fast agile ship, it's actually among the slowest Frigates in both top speed and turn speed.
- Use it to distract Starbase Turrets and counter enemy Fighters.
- Fly into large ships' blind spots and slowly deal damage.
- Avoid anything that has a Turret pointed at you, especially if the turret is high-accuracy (Flak Cannons, Point Defense Lasers, etc.)
- Staying at Top Speed is critical to limiting damage.
- Light Turret removed in some part of version .61 or .62.
- Received a remodel decreasing its size and altering its appearance in version .61g. A minor buff soon followed, adding its Light Flak Cannon.
- The Raven is currently the smallest and cheapest purchasable combat ship in the game.
- One of the most common starter ships.
- The Pilots feet pop out the bottom of the Raven.
- Some players will spam this ship. One player spent over 100k credits doing so.