The Retro Aegis is rather large for a Battleship with two large blast shields at it side wielding amazing shield shredding capabilities.
The Retro Aegis starts with a walkway into a large hallway with many windows on both sides along with many rooms and seats at the end along with a ramp going up to the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor is just like the first floor has many windows and a large open hallway leading to the pilot seat and the control consul. The 3rd floor is just a hallway with large windows going across.
- Above average shield health.
- Amazing turn speed.
- High top speed of 80.
- High turret DPS of 272.
- Surprisingly costs less than its non limited counterpart the Aegis coming in at 108,478 credits
- Weak hull integrity, which makes it very fragile without shields.
- Due to the turrets only being located at the front, this ship has poor line of sight at the sides and rear of the ship.
- Limited classification, making this a high priority target.
- No kinetic weaponry of any sort, making for very poor damage to hull.
- Extremely weak to shield breakers, and effectively counters itself.
- Worse than the Warden in every way.
- Team up with a hullbreaker ship, as your shield-melting armament will help a lot when combined with the kinetic weaponry of another ship.
- NEVER attempt to tank in this ship, it does not have the durability to do so. Instead, let a Dreadnought or a battleship with better durability tank instead.
- Much like it's normal counterpart, it's hull is fragile so disengage from a fight before you're hulled(ideally 1k or 1.5k shield HP).
- If you see a shield breaker like the Warden or Zeus approaching you, run as fast as you can back to the nearest neutral or friendly starbase.
- Added in version .73a3 as part of the 2021 Retro Ship Event.
- Gained teleporters and Shields/Hull increased from 4000/700 to 5000/1500 after the event ended.
- This ship is the old version of the Aegis.
- The Retro Aegis looks similar to the Ankylon Titan from Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.