A PvP Battleship, the Katana was made with high Shield and smaller turrets to allow for PvP accuracy. It shares its primary model shape with the Plagued Warship, with a set of four arced arms near the back of the ship and a wide but somewhat flat front that tapers to a somewhat more square point. Its turrets are largely top-mounted with a cannon placed in the middle-front and four gatling cannons spaced around the edges and mid-rear area.
The Katana's interior is a small undecorated square with a teleporter, a normal chair with a keyboard in front of it, and a strangely drawn and spread-out rectangle.
- Fast for a Battleship
- Great Shield-breaker.
- Agile for a battleship.
- High Shield health.
- The Katana's 5 Gatling Cannons can take out small Ships very well.
- The Katana's 2 Triple Heavy Cannons can take out hull-based ships like Marauder and Cutlass.
- Powerful Shield-breaking Spinals that fire in a "shotgun" pattern.
- The "shotgun" Spinal pattern of the Katana makes it easier to aim spinals while dealing enormous damage in close combat.
- Must be facing towards target to fire all Turrets.
- Somewhat low Hull for a battleship.
- Has trouble docking at certain points (Aqueous II and Christmas Mega Base docks A-D)
- Requires Spinal aiming in order to deal effective Shield damage.
- If you fight against a shield-breaker, you will be at a mediocre disadvantage.
- Somewhat low maximum range if you exclude the Spinals.
- This ship is great for Pirating. Warp to your target, kill it, and warp back.
- Watch your health when using the Katana because you may need to warp out while still on Shield (~2000).
- Try to use Katana more in a fleet than alone because of its low health.
- If you are fighting against a small ship and you can't hit it with your spinals, do yourself a favor and warp away. Your turrets will take a while to hull the target.
- Try to use this ship together with a Hull-breaker ship, most of the dps from this ship is targeted to the shields.
- Use your spinals, as they skyrocket your combined dps from 80 to 394.7 (not including damage shield boosts or any other damage boosts)(DPS amount has been fixed.)
- Don't take risks during war, especially if your warring a strong faction, as they can easily swarm and kill you.
- Buffed in .66b, making its shield go from 4000 to 4500 and its two Dual Medium Cannons became two Triple Heavy Cannons.
- Shields reduced to 3500 in version .69a1.
- 2 Triple Heavy Cannons and 1 Light Gatling Cannon changed to 3 Heavy Flak Cannons, 1 Light Gatling Cannon removed and received a remodel in version .69f.
- Top Speed reduced from 100 to 90, Hull increased from 1000 to 2000, 3 Heavy Flak Cannons changed to 2 Triple Heavy Cannons and 1 Light Gatling Cannon, Spinal firing interval reduced from 0.1 to 0 and Spinals received minor firing offset in version .69f.
- Plating no longer has the team color on it .72e1
- Explosion size 25 ----> 270 .75a12