The Hercules is a Freighter with the 5th highest cargo hold of all non-limited freighters currently in the game.
The Hercules is a trading ship that has a large cargo hold. It docks with the back of the ship facing the base, and the entrance is a semitransparent door in the back with a bridge leading to it. It has 4 engines on the back. There are 13 containers leading to the front of the ship.
The interior of the Hercules is contained inside a small room jutting up from the main ship body. Most of the interior is taken up by an empty hallway leading to the bridge. The bridge has three seats and a screen for each seat. The center seat is the pilot's seat.
- The Hercules has a large cargo hold with 5000 cargo space, allowing a player to make large profits in a single run. It can also salvage multiple wrecks without having to dock before continuing to loot, depending on the wrecked ship.
- This ship is great for transferring items into your Warehouse.
- Decent amount of health.
- Explosion Radius of 40
- Fast for a freighter of its size, making it a great ship for looting wreckage fields.
- The Hercules has a quite slow turn speed of 0.30, making it a bit of a process to aim towards wrecks and Starbases.
- Pirates consider a Hercules a high-value target because they are slow and can be easy targets.
- Despite its description, it can be destroyed by capable pilots.
- Has dark tinted windows, making it difficult to aim for a precise warp sometimes.
- Make sure to trade in a Faction that is in no Wars and has strong allies. If there are none, go to a new server. If all servers have Wars, try your best to be safe.
- Go to the Mega Base when it is safe. Always check your route if you're in a War, there might be a pirate waiting for you.
- Check how far away the closest Alien is and where it is heading to.
- Make sure to retreat to the nearest ally base if a war is declared on your faction.
- You could use this to vulture swiftly and get out before pirates can get to you.
- The Hercules has had 3 remodels during its existence. The 1st and 2nd ones were the most similar, having the same fish-like design.
- Buffed in .65b - Shield increased from 1500 to 2000, Cargo Hold increased from 1500 to 2750, price increased significantly. Also received a remodel.
- Speed increased in unknown version - from 65 studs a second to 80 studs a second.
- Price increased in .75a5 - from Silicate: 965, Carbon: 596, Iridium: 245, to Silicate: 3365, Carbon: 1846, Iridium: 1295.
- The cargo hold was increased by 500, from 2,500 to 3,000 in version .75a10.
- The old Hercules' bottom floor was large enough to contain a small fighter.
- Its old design is based on the Hercules from StarCraft II.
- Prior to the remodel, the Hercules had a small secret compartment in the entrance to the ship. This may have been a homage to the secret compartment in the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars.
- This can give you a profit of 1350 if you buy a full cargo hold of silicate 5 credits per ore and sell it at the Mega Base.
- This ship has two limited variants, the Patriotic Hercules, released during the Fourth of July Event 2018 and the Retro Hercules, released during the Retro Ship Event 2019.