Retro Prototype X-1
This page is a stub. You can help expand it by adding more information.
This ship is a limited ship, and could only be acquired for a limited time or it has since become limited.
You lose it forever once it is destroyed, or otherwise has limited availability on the Limited Build Menu.
The Retro Prototype X-1 is a Retro Variant of the Prototype X-1.
The Retro Prototype X-1 is a "test dreadnought" based on the Prototype X-1, part of the Retro Ship Event 2022 and Retro Ship Event 2023 where you could buy it from the UNE Harbour Master in Terminal C of the Mega Base for 2 million credits.
- High turret count with an armament well-equipped for Sieges.
- Powerful Spinals.
- Health is well-balanced and has a very high overall total for a Dreadnought, at 38,500 total HP; making it the second most healthy dreadnought in the game.
- Spinals have 0 second interval, meaning they are fired all at once.
- Long range on the turrets(8,000 studs) allows you to outrange most other ships you will encounter.
- Large cargo hold will allow you to loot valuable items fairly well from NPC ship wrecks.
- Rather slow with low maneuverability.
- Extremely valuable target for superior ships such as super capitals, or groups of pirates; thanks to the outrageously expensive cost of 2 million credits
(and 1 Blueprint B), as well as being a Limited ship.
- Large blind-spots below and behind the ship.
- Massive size makes this ship a very easy target to hit for even the most inaccurate turrets or pilots with poor spinal aiming capabilities; not to mention Torpedoes.
- This is a decent ship for diving battleships and other dreadnoughts when they flee to their base, tank with your health.
- Do not try to move out of the way of Huge Torpedoes with regular ship movement alone, as the ship is too large and too sluggish to dodge them. Instead, warp out of the way of any Huge or Large Torpedoes that you see coming towards you.
- This ship is heavily targeted due to its expense and limited status. As mentioned in the ship's description, use with extreme caution.
- Health changed from 9,500/9,500 Shield/Hull HP to 10,750/8,500 Shield/Hull HP, Top Speed reduced from 50 to 45, Turn Speed reduced from 0.12 to 0.1, Acceleration reduced from 12 to 5, Cargo Hold reduced from 1000 to 348, turret loadout changed from 5 Medium Siege Railguns and 4 Super LR Lasers to 5 Prototype Medium Railguns and 4 Prototype Heavy Lasers, Spinals changed from 4 Huge Cannons and 5 Huge Phasers to 6 Huge Cannons and 6 Huge Phasers as well as the spinal interval being removed, and released in the Retro Ship 2022 event for the cost of 2 million credits and 1 Blueprint B as a quest from the UNE Harbour Master in version .75a5.
- Taken off-sale in version .75a5 after the end of the Retro 2022 Event.
- Cargo Hold increased from 348 to 1500 in version .75a5.
- Turrets buffed: Prototype Heavy Laser damage increased from 150 to 151.75, reload decreased from 10 seconds to 4.6 seconds; and Prototype Medium Railgun damage increased from 150 to 298.91, reload decreased from 10 seconds to 8 seconds, and Spinals nerfed from 6/6 Huge Phasers/Huge Cannons to 4/4 Huge Phasers/Cannons in version .75a5.
- One of the most expensive Dreadnoughts released to date at an outstanding cost of 2 million credits and
1 Blueprint B.
- Used to have more health than the Theia before it received a health buff.
- This ship is the original model of the Prototype X-1.
- A video showing this ship in action can be seen here, by Rocket_GotG.
- The first Retro Prototype X-1 to die was sumenghang123 to USS_monkey's Prototype X-2.